Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Distributing an application.
Distributing an application. [message #77733] Thu, 08 November 2001 09:28 Go to next message
Clint Garrett
Here is my situation. I am working with an oracle forms, reports application. I need the ability to install the application just like any other software. I want to burn a CD and all the user has to do is click on the install button and everything will be taken care of. Then when I make changes I want the same thing but if a version already exist it should only upgrade the version. Also in this any data base changes will have to be pushed out.

Ideal situation: The user can take my CD hit install then oracle 8i will first be installed, then the table structure, and finally the forms and reports. All of this being done with out the user having to select or click anything but the install button.

Acceptable situation: Installing the database separate will be acceptable but not preferable then everything should be like explained above.

If anyone has any suggestions that do not involve buying installation software it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Clint Garrett

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Distributing an application. [message #77776 is a reply to message #77733] Fri, 16 November 2001 00:37 Go to previous message
Ales Kavsek
See white paper that was posted recently, maybe it can help you.

http://www.orafaq.net/papers/runfrmwp.pdf

Regards,
Ales

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: How to skip a blank line when doing Oracle reports
Next Topic: Files FMT and TXT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:29:31 CDT 2024