Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Pro*C core dump when using EXEC SQL CONNECT
Pro*C core dump when using EXEC SQL CONNECT [message #77647] Mon, 29 October 2001 09:45 Go to next message
Rhonda
We are upgrading our database from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7.2 and none of our executables are working. They compile fine, but when we try executed them we get Bus error(coredump). I put debug statements in the program and the error is happening when we try connecting to the database.

We are using this command
EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password; Any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Pro*C core dump when using EXEC SQL CONNECT [message #77804 is a reply to message #77647] Thu, 22 November 2001 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giridhar
This may or may not help you.
But please make a try.
Try giving username and password in username.
For example.

Instead of giving username as scott
and password as tiger,
just give
username=scott/tiger@ora9
And dont give password.
Then connect it with

EXEC SQL CONNECT :username;

Pls try in this way.

Regards,
Giridhar Kodakalla

Re: Pro*C core dump when using EXEC SQL CONNECT [message #77825 is a reply to message #77647] Wed, 28 November 2001 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beethoven Cheng
This shouldn't matter. Either connect methodology
should work. Core dumps can happen in a lot of
places especially during upgrades. I'd worry more about whether all the libraries are properly linked, especially if you are using dynamic libraries.

Beethoven

Re: Pro*C core dump when using EXEC SQL CONNECT [message #80495 is a reply to message #77804] Wed, 02 October 2002 06:31 Go to previous message
Anagha Mudigonda
hi,
i am also having a similar issue ...
i have a "connection pool" in ProC where i allocate (and CONNECT ) some predefined number of SQL Contexts. this part works fine. i'll maintain all the contexts in a global structure with an associated flag that indicates whether the context is allocated or free. if all the contexts in the pool are busy i create a new context CONNECT with it and return it. this is when i get a bus error and core dump !!! i can print the connect_info. there is no core dump then but when i try to do a EXEC SQL CONNECT connect_info it dumps core.what could be wrong ?????
Previous Topic: ORA-06502 bugs me always
Next Topic: Upgrade SQL*Forms v.2.3 to 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:49:20 CDT 2024