Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms??
How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms?? [message #77631] Wed, 24 October 2001 15:37 Go to next message
ron
Is there a way in Forms 6i to launch a seperate web page? I want to create a button and once you press it, it goes to a URL. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ron

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms?? [message #77639 is a reply to message #77631] Thu, 25 October 2001 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vinay
Use the built in Web.Show_Document. Additional info from Help section

SHOW_DOCUMENT(url, target);
Built-in Type: unrestricted procedure
Enter Query Mode: yes

Description:

Specifies the URL and target window of a Web application.

Parameters:

url Datatype is VARCHAR2. Specifies the Uniform Resource Locator of the document to be loaded.
target Datatype is VARCHAR2. Specifies one of the following targets:

_SELF Causes the document to load into the same frame or window as the source document.
_PARENT Causes the target document to load into the parent window or frameset containing the hypertext reference. If the reference is in a window or top-level frame, it is equivalent to the target _self.
_TOP Causes the document to load into the window containing the hypertext link, replacing any frames currently displayed in the window.
_BLANK Causes the document to load into a new, unnamed top-level window.

Restrictions:

Can only be used from within a form run from the Web.

Example:

/*

** Built-in: WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT
** Example: Display the specified URL in the target window.
*/
BEGIN
Web.Show_Document(‘http://www.abc.com’, ‘_self’);
END;

Re: How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms?? [message #77641 is a reply to message #77631] Fri, 26 October 2001 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Srinivas Konda
Web.show_docuemnt will work for only the web application forms, The following will work for client server also.

Please let me know if you know any other way to open a web page from a form.

DECLARE
AppID PLS_INTEGER;
WebBrowser VARCHAR2(100) := 'C:Progra~1Intern~1iexplore.exe';
WebPage VARCHAR2(100) := 'www.abc.com';
BEGIN
AppID := DDE.App_Begin(WebBrowser || ' ' || WebPage, DDE.APP_MODE_NORMAL);
EXCEPTION
WHEN DDE.DDE_APP_FAILURE THEN
Message('Cannot start Internet Explorer web browser');
END;

Re: How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms?? [message #78417 is a reply to message #77639] Thu, 21 February 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dieter
Is there a way to open a web page from a button
(trigger: when_button_pressed) in a form ?
The web page is created in PL/SQL (Oracle Application server).
Re: How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms?? [message #82642 is a reply to message #77639] Mon, 16 June 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cantor
I have a problem with this Web.Show_document method. My '_target' is '_blank' and it works well. My problem is that I have four documents to show in different browsers. So I call Web.Show_document('MyURL', '_blank') four times whit different URLs, but only one browser window opens and shows the four documents in the same window. I must use the "BACK" button to navigate between each document. Is there a way to open four different windows with this method?

Thanks,
Cantor
Re: How Can I Launch A Web Page From Forms? [message #84589 is a reply to message #82642] Thu, 01 April 2004 07:25 Go to previous message
NooBEmu
Try changing the name of the target..
On html you can assign a name to each target frame..
if target frame does not exists, it will open a new window that is associated with that target name..
Previous Topic: MENU TOOLBAR PROB WITH KEY-TRIG(URGENT)
Next Topic: Oracle 9i & Dev suite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:47:05 CDT 2024