Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to assign initial value in ENTER_QUERY mode, URGENT!!!!
How to assign initial value in ENTER_QUERY mode, URGENT!!!! [message #77532] Sun, 30 September 2001 22:57 Go to next message
Umesh Sharma
Dear Oracle Friends

I am having 2 global variables with some value. I have one form which is set to ENTER_QUERY mode thru the trigger 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE'. My problem is I want to assign the values from the global var. to the fields after setting the form in ENTER_QUERY mode. I tried to assign it in the trigger itself but not succeeded. Can anybody help me.......

Waiting for quick response

Thanks

UMESH

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: How to assign initial value in ENTER_QUERY mode, URGENT!!!! [message #77534 is a reply to message #77532] Mon, 01 October 2001 03:11 Go to previous message
Enno Oost
Hi Umesh

If i'm getting it right, you want to perform an automatic search at the start of your form using the two global variables in the query.
You can do this insinde the PRE-QUERY-Trigger by simply assigning the values like
:block_name.item_name := :global.var_name;
Attention : the two global variables will be used as search-condition in every query, then.

Ciao ... Enno

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Re: Forms 6 and Reports 6.0
Next Topic: Re: very Urgent !!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:52:09 CDT 2024