Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Problem with select for update and PHP
Problem with select for update and PHP [message #77133] Thu, 16 September 2004 00:59 Go to next message
Chris
Hi

Hi have a problem with à query:

When i send an select......for update width PHP, i can t  lock my "table".

I am checking the lock with an SQLPLUS session

If i lock my table with SQLPLUS, PHP can t make an select for update ---[>] it is OK
But if i try to lock with PHP i can make an other select for update
with sqlplus---[>] it is KO
So my lock doesn t work

If someone can help me .....
Re: Problem with select for update and PHP [message #77134 is a reply to message #77133] Thu, 16 September 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

It is probably because PHP sessions are not persistent.

Your program will connect to the database, establish the lock, and then disconnect. When it disconnects, the lock will be released.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Problem with select for update and PHP [message #77136 is a reply to message #77134] Thu, 16 September 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris
Hi,

I use the "ociplogon"
ociplogon -- Connect to an Oracle database using a persistent connection
So it must stay connected
No ?
Re: Problem with select for update and PHP [message #77138 is a reply to message #77134] Thu, 16 September 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris
Hi,

I use the "ociplogon"
ociplogon -- Connect to an Oracle database using a persistent connection
So it must stay connected
No ?
Re: Problem with select for update and PHP [message #77261 is a reply to message #77136] Fri, 17 December 2004 00:10 Go to previous message
Matt Darby
Not if it's an intranet application. You're dealing with a disconnected recordset architecture. Have a look at the manual on www.php.net. ociplogon is the same as ocilogon for an intranet app.
Previous Topic: To avoid display of File Download dialog box when submitting a JSP
Next Topic: books on oracle apps DBA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:46:25 CDT 2024