Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » 9iAS DNS suffix change
9iAS DNS suffix change [message #77077] Wed, 18 August 2004 10:01 Go to next message
Matt
 Hi All,

When installing 9iAS R2 on a Windows 2000 server I was required to add a DNS suffix on the server in order to continue with the install. My questions are can I change that entry after the install? Will the change trickle down to the config files? The suffix used will be phased out soon in our DNS.

Matt

Re: 9iAS DNS suffix change [message #77079 is a reply to message #77077] Wed, 18 August 2004 10:54 Go to previous message
andrew again
On w2k, does the documentation refer to making sure that the fully qualified hostname in in your "hosts" file? If that's the only location they refer to, then you should simply be able to add have 2 aliases in that file - one for the fully qualified name and the other being the new one. Having said that, they probably have a good reason for demanding a fully qualified name. Search the .xml and .cfg/.config files under your 9iAS homes for the current name to see where it occurs. Remember it may be in iasdb tables too...
Previous Topic: .Net - Oracle Web Hosting
Next Topic: Oracle & Access
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:37:56 CDT 2024