Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Changing IP
Changing IP [message #76980] Tue, 04 May 2004 06:31 Go to next message
Josnei
Hi,

I want to change the IP number of my server (Linux Red Hat -  kernel 2.4.9-e.3smp). I running Oracle iAS 9.0.2 and BI (by reports) 9.0.3. Question: Must I reinstall the products or I have a chance to change them.

tks,

Josnei

Re: Changing IP [message #76981 is a reply to message #76980] Tue, 04 May 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S. M. Waqas Shabir
No need to reinstall any oracle product or any other product.

Changing your IP address has nothing to do with installations.

The only thing you need to change is if some products that were working for that IP should be configured to new IP. Mostly you would be configuring the clients computers and their applications and not the Server.

In general, changing your IP has no affect on your cpmuters installed products.

Take Care, Bye!
Re: Changing IP [message #76985 is a reply to message #76981] Fri, 07 May 2004 15:10 Go to previous message
andrew again
9iAS 9.0.2 requires that you use fully qualified hostnames during the installation and it wants it to be correct in a whole bunch of places including /etc/hosts, /etc/nodename, /etc/net/tocots/hosts etc.

If somehow you entered an IP address during RunInsatller rather than a fully qualified hostname then you probably will have problems.
Previous Topic: enterprise manager website..
Next Topic: Publishing message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:00:40 CDT 2024