Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Urgent Help
Urgent Help [message #76654] Mon, 10 March 2003 03:45
Gunaranjan
Hi
I am new to Oracle 9iAS and am strugling with the app server. Our requirement is to get Oracle 9iAS WIRLESS up and running and then develop on it. We are using 9iAS Rel 2 on Linux RedHat AS 2.1 (Two RedHat Boxes one for the Infrastructure and one for Wireless)

Despite all my attempts (I have followed the installation notes - word to word) - some basic things are not happening

1) The EM Console shows a 'Wireless' - that just does not start. The OC4J_Wirelss is fine and so are all the other options - but the last one "Wireless Web Server" does not start. If I click on the link to it I see HTTP wireless, async server etc. but there are no processes under them. When I say 'start all' nothing happens and logs don't say anything either. The EM console logs just say that it cant start all processes

2) Could anyone please help explain the difference between these two (OC4J_Wireless and the 'Wireless' itself.

3) I can't also seem to get to the 'system manager' part of the Web tool - there is no such tab for me.

We are struggling with this. PLEASE HELP!

There is one exception in the EM Console
3/5/03 6:19 PM emd: MonitorTableMetric : java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.sysman.emd.engine.MetricEngine.evaluateComputedColumns(MetricE
ngine.java:812)
at oracle.sysman.emd.engine.MetricCache.getMetric(MetricCache.java:164)
at oracle.sysman.emd.engine.MetricEngine.getMetric(MetricEngine.java:438
)

I have worked with other app servers like BEA and have mananged all tough problems but Oracle 9iAS seems really complex.
Previous Topic: forms 9.0
Next Topic: IAS installation hangs SLES server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:47:03 CDT 2024