Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » forms server
forms server [message #76333] Tue, 05 March 2002 21:10 Go to next message
Yuvraj Thapa
Dear Sir,
I've developed financial and banking application on forms 6i in my office and currently running it. My problem is that whenever I modify my code in form or report I have to distribute it among all the workstation and also if new pc added in my office I have to install dev. runtime in that machine. Please send me the details How to configure our system in such a way so that I do not have to install it in all the pcs. I've Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i application server and also forms 6i and report 6i. Please kindly tell me how to configure it.
Thanks and Regards,
Yuvraj Thapa
Kathmandu,
Nepal.
Re: forms server [message #76365 is a reply to message #76333] Tue, 02 April 2002 06:59 Go to previous message
Grant
Set up a network drive (w for example) for your users if not already set up. Map it in the login script. Create a directory for your forms and reports and give it read/execute. Create a working directory on their local drive so they can write. Create an icon on their desktop and in properties make:

Example:
Target: c:ORACLE_HOMEbinifrun60.exe w:financeformslogin.fmx

Start In: c:financemydir

This works for me and when I make changes I just put the form in the network directory.
Previous Topic: need help with updating HTML frames at once
Next Topic: Re: Class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:03:23 CDT 2024