Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Can Oracle Text/Oracle ultra Search Works in this case?
Can Oracle Text/Oracle ultra Search Works in this case? [message #76119] Sun, 05 September 2004 21:24 Go to next message
Khalil ur Rehman
Hi,

I have a very big database from which I have to replace some text,I don't know in which table this field lies, so I have to find some tool (preferably by oracle) which can do this for us.

The tool will take the text to replace as input and will find the entry of the text in whole application and will replace it.

--[>]If oracle text/Oracle ultra search can be used for this??

--[>]where can i find a tutorial/introduction about using these tools??
Re: Can Oracle Text/Oracle ultra Search Works in this case? [message #76139 is a reply to message #76119] Sun, 28 November 2004 08:51 Go to previous message
Just John
Oracle Text (context search) is only a search tool - think of it as a search engine!

It may be able to perform the service you require although I would test it as if you stray from the simple search function the results may be incorrect.

Search the oracle documentation there are many exaples to be found..

you need to install the CTX packages and grant those to your uses. Create CTX index on the columns you need to search and away you go.

You may be able to use the 'cut-down' context search, if you are searching smaller text strings (i.e. varchar2)
Previous Topic: Unable to retrieve any rows from Dual
Next Topic: Thesaurus example.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:10:49 CDT 2024