Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Oracle streams Error on executing the DBMS_RULE_ADM package
Oracle streams Error on executing the DBMS_RULE_ADM package [message #75710] Thu, 03 June 2004 02:23 Go to next message
Benki
Hi,

I am exploring on oracle streams. I was trying out the example for configuration/setup on the site http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/Streams9i.php.

am getting the errors when i try to execute the procedure under 'stream administrator setup':

SQL>

BEGIN
  DBMS_RULE_ADM.GRANT_SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE(
    privilege    => DBMS_RULE_ADM.CREATE_RULE_SET_OBJ,
    grantee      => 'strmadmin',
    grant_option => FALSE);
END;
/
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00931: missing identifier
ORA-24000: invalid value , USER/ROLE should be of the form [[SCHEMA.]]NAME
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_RULE_ADM", line 167
ORA-06512: at line 2

am quite new to 'oracle streams', can someone educate me on this? what am i doing wrong?..

Thanks in Advance, Benki
Re: Oracle streams Error on executing the DBMS_RULE_ADM package [message #75713 is a reply to message #75710] Mon, 21 June 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sreeni
Try this..

BEGIN
privilege => DBMS_RULE_ADM.CREATE_EVALUATION_CONTEXT_OBJ,
grantee => 'STRMADMIN',
grant_option => TRUE);
privilege => DBMS_RULE_ADM.CREATE_RULE_SET_OBJ,
grantee => 'STRMADMIN',
grant_option => TRUE);
privilege => DBMS_RULE_ADM.CREATE_RULE_OBJ,
grantee => 'STRMADMIN',
grant_option => TRUE);
END;
/

- Sreeni
Re: Oracle streams Error on executing the DBMS_RULE_ADM package [message #75728 is a reply to message #75713] Mon, 26 July 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tugrul
I got the same error, then I tried your suggestion,
when I execute for CREATE_EVALUATION_CONTEXT_OBJ
I get ora-03114. Any more suggestions??
Re: Oracle streams Error on executing the DBMS_RULE_ADM package [message #75768 is a reply to message #75710] Fri, 28 January 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stretch
I solved this problem by running catpatch.sql which is one of the post installation instructions after loading a patch. If you look at the README.doc in your patch release, it will give you what you need to execute this.
Re: Oracle streams Error on executing the DBMS_RULE_ADM package [message #111231 is a reply to message #75768] Mon, 14 March 2005 18:38 Go to previous message
youssef77
my past experience on this is ..... if your platform is M$ Windows ... don't use 9i for streams .... you will get into alot of trouble ... go directly to 10g ... or alternatively .. choose better platform Smile
Previous Topic: Capture aborting
Next Topic: Can Streams help to EXTRAC ( PULL ) data from MS SQL Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:10:43 CDT 2024