Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Oracle to Non-Oracle Streams
Oracle to Non-Oracle Streams [message #75675] Fri, 30 January 2004 04:46 Go to next message
Gavin Dibb
I have the following architecture:

Server 1: Oracle DB (data source)

Server 2: DB2 DB (intended data target); Oracle DB (hosting Oracle Transparent Gateway allowing access to the DB2 DB) - note that this gateway setup is already present and needed for existing requirements.

What I would like to do is use Streams to get data from the Oracle DB on Server 1 into the DB2 database on Server 2 via the Oracle Gateway on Server 2.

(I am aware that if I configured the Oracle DB on Server 1 with a gateway direct to the DB2 database then it would work, but I am trying to keep as much processing as possible off the source Oracle DB, hence making use of the gateway on Server 2).

The documentation doesn't appear to allow what I would like. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Oracle to Non-Oracle Streams [message #75676 is a reply to message #75675] Fri, 30 January 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Stern
Gavin,

it can be done, but you are correct, the instructions (steps) documented, are at best lacking.. I have setup streams between Oracle (source) and Sybase (target). Once I got it running, it was pretty solid... The trick was getting it running.

Jim
Re: Oracle to Non-Oracle Streams [message #75677 is a reply to message #75676] Sun, 01 February 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gavin Dibb
Thanks Jim.
Did you configure streams direct between the Oracle source database and the Sybase target (using the transparent gateway on the source Oracle database)?

Gavin
Re: Oracle to Non-Oracle Streams [message #75682 is a reply to message #75677] Fri, 06 February 2004 21:06 Go to previous message
Anand
I am working on streams to replicate the Oracle data onto SQL Server 2000 using transparent gateway for heterogeneous connectivity.
Can you send me the steps (possibly sample code) in Streams to do this?

Best Regards
Anand

PS: As mentioned, documentation part of Streams are up to the mark of Oracle standard. The sample code mentioned in the document is for complicated environment.And we always expect sample code for simple setup to get our hands dirty.
Previous Topic: Error while installing Oracle Streams.
Next Topic: Streams Release Dates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:17 CDT 2024