Home » Server Options » Replication » distributed transaction lock
distributed transaction lock [message #75480] Mon, 08 March 2004 00:03 Go to next message
richard bruch
we have following problem - a large distributed transaction(we have a multimaster replication site under Oracle8i) failed. The subsequent attempt by DB to post a deferror record failed too - with the message

ORA-23324: error ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock ORA-01403: no data found, while creating deferror entry at "RDB.TELEGATE.DE" with error 100

deleting the transaction using dbms_defer_sys.delete_tran doesn't work either - the call simply never gets finished. How can we get rid of this nasty transaction ? Thanks in advance for your help
Re: distributed transaction lock [message #75540 is a reply to message #75480] Mon, 06 September 2004 07:28 Go to previous message
Steve Smith
I ran into this as well; irritated me extensively.

It appears the problem is that there is insufficient privleges on the remote system to create error logs; experienced the problem with 9i (never saw it on 8i).

Not sure which user needed it (I was starting to panic, so I did it for several users), but here is the command I did (as system on the remote server; you will probably need to do the local system so the remote system can also create error entries):

grant execute on sys.dbms_defer_internal_sys to &ltuser>

I think the repadmin user is who needs it, but I also did it for my data user and proprep
Previous Topic: On Commit Clause in Create Snapshot(ORA-12054)
Next Topic: Transaction Calls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:57:30 CDT 2024