Home » Server Options » Replication » Updatable Snapshots on a complex view, and not on a table
Updatable Snapshots on a complex view, and not on a table [message #75445] Thu, 08 January 2004 05:38 Go to next message
Markus Otto
Hi,

i'm working hard on a problem:
There will be some fundamental changes in our appliation referring to the database objects (The enviroment has many updatable snapshot).

It would be fine if first the db-changes would be implemented on the master, and some days later on the snapshot-sites. The relevant tables, which will be changed, are all updatable snapshots.

So,my idea:
In order to separate these changes from the snapshot-databases i got the idea to create an updatable snapshot not on the table, but on a complex view. Unfortunately my attemps leaded to Ora-errors.

So, the docu says that views can be replicated. Can anyone give me please some hints ?

best regards
Markus
Re: Updatable Snapshots on a complex view, and not on a table [message #75453 is a reply to message #75445] Fri, 30 January 2004 14:03 Go to previous message
ilver
Hi,
Remember that updateable snapshots don't support some features that could be part of your complex view.
Things like aggregating and summing isn't possible.
Check the documentation for limitations.
/ilver
Previous Topic: Replication Vs Constraints
Next Topic: Snaphots status='INVALID'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:15:56 CDT 2024