Home » Server Options » Replication » Oracle 8i Synchronization
Oracle 8i Synchronization [message #75326] Fri, 21 February 2003 15:21
mG
Hello:

We have an Oracle 8i Lite (Rel 4.0.20) application that uses the Oracle Replication Manager and APIs to synchronize data between Oracle 8i Lite and Oracle 8.0.0.5 server database. Everything works fine - but when we change the replicated tables on the server, ORACLE fails while doing an incremental sync. The only solution is to start with a new blank Oracle Lite DB and do a full sync to recreate the replicated tables.

As you can guess, this beats the purpose of mobile application bcos now the user has lost all his data on the local DB, and the only way can do a successful sync is by starting with a new blank lite db.

My questions are:

Is there a solution to this problem in Oracle 8i Lite? Something that will allow us to modify server tables - yet allow incremental syncs to work!!

I have heard that Oracle 9i Lite solves this problem by using a Subscriber/Publisher based synchronization. Is this true?

If it is true -
Do we only need to migrate the Oracle 8i Lite product with Oracle 9i Lite? And will it work fine with Oracle 8.0.04 server?

Or do we have to also migrate our server db to Oracle 9i and install Mobile Server product?

TIA
MG
Previous Topic: Fast refresh on Materialized view
Next Topic: DB links in Materialized View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:32:18 CDT 2024