Home » Server Options » Replication » Replication of Packages or procedures
Replication of Packages or procedures [message #75007] Tue, 06 February 2001 12:45 Go to next message
Giuseppe Lottini
I tried to replicate several procedures and packages in a master to updateable snapshot environment.
I got no errors but when I try to update and recompile a package, on the replicated site the package remains unchanged. I was not able to find any clear documentation about the package/procedure replication.
Someone can help me????

Many thanks in advance.

lott

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Replication of Packages or procedures [message #75009 is a reply to message #75007] Tue, 06 February 2001 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edward Hayrabedian
Hi,

I have the same 'bad' experience with this and I also would be happy if someone can give us the answer.

Best regards,
Edward Hayrabedian

Re: Replication of Packages or procedures [message #75023 is a reply to message #75007] Wed, 28 February 2001 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anjan
1.tune the private pl/sql area in the library
cache.
2.see that there are minimum number of reloads in the library cache by >select sum(pins), sum(reloads) from v$librarycache;
3.check your rollback segment size. increase it.
4. try increasing open_cursor in init.ora
5.check the user_objects in the data dictionary.
6. set the following parameter
in init.ora > 07_dictionary_accessibility=true

let me know it works this way or not. also let me know which version of oracle you are working with.
anjan saikia

Re: Replication of Packages or procedures [message #75094 is a reply to message #75007] Thu, 09 August 2001 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tania Chiquiar
Hi. In order to packages and procedures replication, you could create a job that executes the following procedure:

DBMS_REPCAT.REFRESH_SNAPSHOT_REPGROUP (
gname => 'YourSnapshotGroup',
refresh_snapshots => TRUE,
refresh_other_objects => TRUE);

In this way, your snapshot group will be refreshed with the data and the most recent version of your packages and procedures. If you just want to refresh just your packages, set refresh_snapshots => FALSE. I hop this suggestion helps.

Re: Replication of Packages or procedures [message #75104 is a reply to message #75007] Mon, 27 August 2001 00:45 Go to previous message
Giuseppe Lottini
Many thanks, your suggestion was really good it allowed me to solve the problem. thanks again.

lott

Previous Topic: Re: Functional Indexes in Oracle8i
Next Topic: About Materialized Views
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:48:34 CDT 2024