Home » Server Options » Replication » Updatable Snapshots - PLEASE HELP! -
Updatable Snapshots - PLEASE HELP! - [message #75001] Thu, 01 February 2001 02:44 Go to next message
Christian
Hi everyone!

I've got a database on an Oracle Enterprise Server (NT, later it becomes Unix). From this database I want to replicate customer data to an Oracle Lite Database on a Notebook for a sales manager.

This sales manager changes the customer data and then has to send them back to the server. And since 2 weeks I cannot achieve a refresh from the snapshot to the server!!! (I don't need it vice versa, because as long as the data are on the notebook, they shall be readonly on the server).

I would be very very glad if anyone could tell me how to implement this (in my point of view simple) problem if possible in SQL and without the replication manager.

thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Updatable Snapshots - PLEASE HELP! - [message #75002 is a reply to message #75001] Thu, 01 February 2001 22:44 Go to previous message
Edward Hayrabedian
Hi,

The task can be implemented with the Oracle replication mechanism, so there is no reason to implement it manually in SQL.

There is a technique described in the Oracle documentation (Oracle8i Replication
Release 8.1.5 / Chapter 8 - Advanced Techniques / Using Dynamic Ownership Conflict Avoidance) called "Dynamic Ownership" which can help you to implement the feature which makes the master site readonly during the data are on the notebook.

Hope this will help you somehow.

Best regards,
Edward Hayrabedian

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Replication - Data missing .........
Next Topic: Re: Updatable Snapshots - PLEASE HELP! -
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:23:03 CDT 2024