Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Help: Cluster.
Help: Cluster. [message #74920] Wed, 15 September 2004 09:01 Go to next message
Preethi
Hey All,

Im Preetee, in Singapore and having interview on 17th sep for DBA, im having 6+months exp, and the main interivew requirement is clusters, PT, replication etc....

And i hav no idea regardin clusters, PT is just ok........

Please help me to get through interview guys....

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Preethi
Re: Help: Cluster. [message #74921 is a reply to message #74920] Thu, 16 September 2004 22:03 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Well it sounds good that you are in singapore and going to face interview for oracle DBA.

According to me it is impossible to tell you about cluster and PT in this small frame of orafaq because these are not small topics which can be covered easily.

By the way if you just want to clear that interview than just read little theory about cluster technology and after that download a RAC installaion guide from metalink and have a look on it. It will give you some comfort in the field of oracle cluster environment.

In performance Tuning, I think you should know the architecture of oracle very well and only by the experience you would be able to solve the problems. For reference and theory you will get a lot of docs for different aspects of PT like disk IO, memory management , indexing, contentions etc. have a solid look on that.

Finally BEST OF LUCK for your interview.

Regards,
Daljit Singh.
Previous Topic: SID failover in RAC?
Next Topic: Can I configure RAC on one host?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:55:10 CDT 2024