Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » 9i . suddenly started running slow
9i . suddenly started running slow [message #65879] Thu, 20 January 2005 06:43 Go to next message
Vivek Vijai
All of Sudden since yesterday My 9i database is running very slow all queries runned by the users which used to take 3-4 seconds are now taking 10+ seconds.
I checked the indexes, free space in all tablespaces
everything is fine.

Can anyone guide me what to, how to look into the issues. Basically what exactly is the doctor's advice for such kind of problem.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Vivek
Re: 9i . suddenly started running slow [message #65883 is a reply to message #65879] Thu, 20 January 2005 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajay
there is lot of thing which u need to check for that.
1.library chache hit ratio
2.buffer chache hit ratio
3.server memory is sufficient(RAM)
4.Is any other application is running on same server.
5.analyze table, rebuild indexes.
etc.
Re: 9i . suddenly started running slow [message #65885 is a reply to message #65879] Thu, 20 January 2005 21:21 Go to previous message
Frank
Like the doctor always says:
What do you think of it yourself ;-)

Is everything slower or are only queries against one or two tables slower? More users? Shared server and the other application is busier?
Something must have changed.
Do you run statspack? Do you have a report stating your situation before yesterday? If yes, you can easily compare today's reports to those.
If not, check your statistics. If you use automatic dbms_stats, you can let it determine whether or not your statistics are stale.
No need to rebuild indexes IMHO.

hth
Previous Topic: some questions on tuning.
Next Topic: SLOW TABLE DROPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:00:26 CDT 2024