Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Server gets slow after some days of fresh import
Server gets slow after some days of fresh import [message #65464] Sat, 25 September 2004 22:10 Go to next message
gurinder
Sir we have tow servers one is active and one is inactive both has oracle databse when we drop user and import fresh data from other server which is active the performance of server becomes very fast but after some days like 10-15 days it starts becoming slow and slow the system speed becomes sluggish and agian we do the same process change the server and other make as active than it agian becomes fast can u please tell me where the problem can be or how can we locate the problem

Gurinder
Re: Server gets slow after some days of fresh import [message #65465 is a reply to message #65464] Mon, 27 September 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easywebtech
Hi,
there are lots of reasons for that.Mainly because of indexes. that is why when you import the schema it readjusted.
So go through oracle fine tune notes.

here is a good link.
http://www.easywebtech.com/oracle.html

webmaster
www.easywebtech.com
Re: Server gets slow after some days of fresh import [message #65510 is a reply to message #65464] Mon, 11 October 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
farky
Did you analyze your tables after the import?
Your database is ruled based or cost based?
Server gets slow after some days of fresh import [message #65517 is a reply to message #65510] Tue, 12 October 2004 03:29 Go to previous message
gurinder
Hello Farky
Thanks
I havent analyzed table after import can u please tell me how to analyze table and
our database is cost based
Gurinder
Previous Topic: Performance of a database
Next Topic: Urgent:-SQL Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:37:46 CDT 2024