Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Oracle over Satellite Bandwidth requirement
Oracle over Satellite Bandwidth requirement [message #65184] Tue, 01 June 2004 19:29 Go to next message
lex meoll
how much satellite bandwidth in kbps should i get in order to run the database to application server sessions. i expect to have at least 10 clients connected to the application server.
Re: Oracle over Satellite Bandwidth requirement [message #65187 is a reply to message #65184] Wed, 02 June 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
I would test your application over something like a dial-up link to see if it works OK over that. That will give you an idea of how much bandwidth is needed for a single client. Then you need to know how many concurrent users you have. Lastly you need to consider that network latency (delay) will be quite significant. If your app has lots of back and forth request then this will slow your app down to a standstill. If it's a simple web request followed by responses then it should be OK. Remember that a web page having 10 images or whatever will request those all in parallel - not one at a time so the latency won't be such a problem.
Re: Oracle over Satellite Bandwidth requirement [message #65378 is a reply to message #65184] Sat, 28 August 2004 00:37 Go to previous message
Mandeep
Sir,

How do we select the guard band while selcting the amount of bandwidth required on satellite. Do it depend upon the technology being used SCPC/TDMA/FTMA, or it depend upon the souce coding techniques or .....?

Regards

Mandeep
Previous Topic: Rule for bitmap indexes
Next Topic: table too large
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:37:27 CDT 2024