Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Optimize performance for Update Opertaion
Optimize performance for Update Opertaion [message #65088] Mon, 26 April 2004 23:20 Go to next message
Ali Ansari
HI .. i am facing a problem when updating my ORAcle 8i database. I am saving live/Real time stocks rate into my table. TAble is updated 20-30 times per second. is there any other way to store data which is coming at such a high speed. any comment is appericiated. thanx .. regards Ali Ansari
Re: Optimize performance for Update Opertaion [message #65107 is a reply to message #65088] Fri, 30 April 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Here are a couple of things you can consider:

1) Put the table in it's own tablespace (or at least on its own disk) for high I/O throughput.

2) Ensure the table is as small as possible. Redesign to move redundant columns to other tables.

3) Re-create the table with a bigger PCTFREE, bigger INITRANS and sufficient FREELISTS and FREELIST GROUPS.

4) Drop redundant indexes, but ensure the update statements will find the target rows via a unique index.

5) Consider recreating the table as an IOT.

6) Create indexes as REVERSE indexes to spread I/O accross leave blocks (remove hot spots from indexes)

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Optimize performance for Update Opertaion [message #65110 is a reply to message #65107] Sat, 01 May 2004 14:07 Go to previous message
Ali Ansari
Hi ... thanks for the tips ... i'll try them and then inform you about the progress ... thanks again ...
Regards
Ali Ansari
Previous Topic: TKPROF STATISTICS-To Mr.Daljit Singh
Next Topic: Cost-based optimization slows down my query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:41:16 CDT 2024