Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Standby Database
Standby Database [message #64540] Mon, 07 February 2005 01:00 Go to next message
devika
I was able to create a stabdby database successfully(i.e archive log files were transfered from the primary to the standby successfully).
However my problem is, how do we reflect any of the structural changes that we make to the primary in the standby as well automatically
for eg.. I create a new tablespace and a few tables affiliated with that particular tablespace. Now I need to automatically reflect these changes in the Standby Database.
Can someone kindly provide me with the step by step explanation to accomplish this
any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Standby Database [message #64541 is a reply to message #64540] Mon, 07 February 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Oracle will manage it automatically if you set STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to AUTO. The default is MANUAL.

From the Oracle Reference Guide:

"When automatic standby file management is enabled, operating system file additions and deletions on the primary database are replicated on the standby database."

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Standby Database [message #110783 is a reply to message #64541] Thu, 10 March 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe
Hi Frank,

is there any special version from Oracle needed to use this Parameter ? Will it be possible from 9.2.x or is this a feature in 10g ?

Thanks
Uwe
Re: Standby Database [message #115907 is a reply to message #64540] Fri, 15 April 2005 02:46 Go to previous message
Satheesh Babu.S
Hi, it is available in 92x.

Thanks and Regards,
Satheesh Babu.S
Bangalore.
Previous Topic: standby alternative... is it possible?
Next Topic: dataguard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:25:48 CDT 2024