Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Windows authentication to access oracle 9i database
Windows authentication to access oracle 9i database [message #63910] Wed, 24 November 2004 11:19 Go to next message
jim
Hi friends,

We just migrated  oracle8i into oracle9i and oracle web server.How do I connect to Oracle database and oracle web server if it is installer with windows authentication?  here are the my ideal:

1)  Authentication should tie in to Windows Active Directory.  I would like to not have a separate user list / password list on the Oracle server, it should just call into the Active Directory for authentication. 
2) The process needs to be secure.
3) If the user can log in, using their Windows logon information that is already entered (I think that's what Windows Authentication Mode does) then that is a plus, BUT it must not be tied to IE only.  If possible, I would like this to support IE, Opera, Firefox, etc.  We should probably have 2 options here- 1 for IE only, will pass the password automatically, 1 for other browsers, that will pass the info if possible but is not guaranteed to do so.

4) how to correct set up a Active Directory  with oracle database for working? Thanks for any help!!

Jim
Re: Windows authentication to access oracle 9i database [message #63912 is a reply to message #63910] Wed, 24 November 2004 11:32 Go to previous message
croK
I assume that Active Directory is a sort of LDAP directory server????...if so....well..you will have to read more about Oracle Security....i found it hard to setup and configure Oracle to work with Oracle Internet Directory (oracle LDAP).

Best luck.
Looking for remote job.
Previous Topic: dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.desgetkey
Next Topic: Oracle Security Patch issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:55:51 CDT 2024