Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Language (Oracle Developer 6i, Win 7)
Language [message #678768] Wed, 08 January 2020 12:38 Go to next message
hissam78
Dear Respectful Experts,
I have installed my Native Language URDU in windows 7 and also setup NLS_LANG in REGEDIT = AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256
but in oracle DB value is saved and display in developer Forms like ????????

jpg file attached for your kind reference.

somebody can help me to solve this problem.
  • Attachment: Language.jpg
    (Size: 20.84KB, Downloaded 1660 times)
Re: Language [message #678770 is a reply to message #678768] Wed, 08 January 2020 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

1/ Does AR8MSWIN1256 which is "Microsoft Windows Code Page 1256 8-Bit Latin/Arabic" support Urdu characters?
2/ Does you Forms use this setting?
3/ Does your database support these characters (i.e. what is its character set)?

Re: Language [message #678877 is a reply to message #678770] Sat, 18 January 2020 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hissam78
1/ Does AR8MSWIN1256 which is "Microsoft Windows Code Page 1256 8-Bit Latin/Arabic" support Urdu characters?
YES IT SUPPORT URDU BECAUSE NOT A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN URDU AND ARABIC ALPHABETS.

2/ Does you Forms use this setting?
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHECK FORM 6i SETTING.

3/ Does your database support these characters (i.e. what is its character set)?
FOLLOWING IS THE CHARACTER SET, I HAVE USED THE FOLLOWING SQL TO FIND THE VALUE

SELECT *
FROM v$nls_parameters
WHERE parameter LIKE '%CHARACTERSET';

PARAMETER VALUE

NLS_CHARACTERSET WE8MSWIN1252
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET AL16UTF16
Re: Language [message #678878 is a reply to message #678877] Sat, 18 January 2020 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

For 2. I can't tell but I know Littlefoot or cookiemonster can.
For 3. Do not check v$nls_parameters but NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS.

Also post the result of the following query from a client Forms workstation (not the database server):
Select distinct client_charset||' - '||client_version
from v$session_connect_info
where sid = sys_context('USERENV','SID')
  and client_charset is not null
/
Re: Language [message #679250 is a reply to message #678768] Wed, 19 February 2020 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hissam78
Dear Respectful,
At last i have found some solution for urdu language setup in Oracle.
but when i execute the query from oracle 10g db, still few alphabet showing Question mark (???) sign. please see the attached jpg file for your kind reference.

following english alphabets still showing ? in place of urdu alphabet.

Upper case T
Upper Case D
lower case h
lower case k
lower case o
lower case y

i have setup AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 in windows registry in NLS_LANG.
AND
setup characterset AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256 in oracle db 10g

somebody can help me to resolve this problem please. why few english alphabet showing ??? in Urdu alphabet.

grateful...

Re: Language [message #679251 is a reply to message #679250] Wed, 19 February 2020 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
At last i have found some solution for urdu language setup in Oracle.
What is it?

Re: Language [message #679252 is a reply to message #679251] Wed, 19 February 2020 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hissam78
very sorry if some embarrassment by using these words... i am feeling ashamed.

i am very much grateful to all my brilliant experts by helping or problems. i have seen nothing pending request from my dear experts ever. what ever request i sent to this forum solved promptly.

for the solution if this query i am specially thankful to our great expert Michel Cadot.

Sir, i have changed the characterset as UTF8 in place of AR8MSWIN1256 in oracle 10G db. and the problem resolved. now

Thankful

Re: Language [message #687862 is a reply to message #679252] Wed, 05 July 2023 02:13 Go to previous message
Arinaen
This problem can occur due to various reasons, including incorrect character set settings or font rendering issues. In order to isolate the issue, try using a different application or tool to interact with the Oracle database and retrieve the Urdu data. This can help determine if the problem is specific to Oracle Forms or if it exists at a lower level in the database or operating system. Moreover, ensure that the character set settings in Oracle Forms are configured correctly for Urdu. You can check the NLS_LANG parameter in your Oracle environment to confirm that it is set to the appropriate character set for Urdu, such as AL32UTF8 or UTF8. Additionally, make sure that the database, client, and server character sets are compatible and aligned.
If the issue persists, it may be beneficial to seek assistance from Oracle support or consult relevant community forums, including those specializing in legal translation services. They can provide specific guidance based on your Oracle Forms version, database setup, and operating system configuration.

[Edit: remove commercial link]

[Updated on: Wed, 05 July 2023 02:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: insert value in detail block after selecting the master block
Next Topic: How to append a query in where clause of existing query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:57:43 CDT 2024