Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export/Import Unused column (11g Linux)
Export/Import Unused column [message #668534] Wed, 28 February 2018 10:53 Go to next message
preet_kumar
The source database(Production) schema contains tables with unused columns.The schema is exported with expdp.
Now when the schema is imported to the destination database(Testing) i don't see the columns marked as Unused anymore in(dba_unused_col_tabs)

Is there any way to exclude these unused columns with expdp/impdp.I know i can drop the unused columns from source but this takes a long time which i want to avoid.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 February 2018 10:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export/Import Unused column [message #668540 is a reply to message #668534] Wed, 28 February 2018 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Is there any inconsistency in your 2 sentences?

Quote:
i don't see the columns marked as Unused anymore
Quote:
Is there any way to exclude these unused columns with expdp/impdp
If you don't see them then maybe they already are excluded?

Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

Excerpt of the rules:
[*] Post your Oracle DB version to 4 decimal places (SELECT * FROM V$VERSION;).
[*] Post your Operating System (OS) name & version for your database (DB) server system.
[*] SHOW us using COPY & PASTE [...] exactly what you did & how Oracle responded.
[*] Post FORMATTED

John Watson wrote on Wed, 06 July 2016 22:11
I've just had a look at your posting history, and I've noticed that you never give any feedback. Or even say "thank you" to people who try to assist.

Goodbye.
Re: Export/Import Unused column [message #668542 is a reply to message #668534] Wed, 28 February 2018 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
preet_kumar
Source Database
1. desc employee;
shows 10 columns

2. select * from dba_unused_col_tabs;
employee

Destination Database (after impdp)
1. desc employee;
shows 10 columns

2. select * from dba_unused_col_tabs;
blank output

[Updated on: Wed, 28 February 2018 12:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export/Import Unused column [message #668543 is a reply to message #668542] Wed, 28 February 2018 12:27 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Michel Cadot wrote on Wed, 28 February 2018 18:34

Is there any inconsistency in your 2 sentences?

Quote:
i don't see the columns marked as Unused anymore
Quote:
Is there any way to exclude these unused columns with expdp/impdp
If you don't see them then maybe they already are excluded?

Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

Excerpt of the rules:
[*] Post your Oracle DB version to 4 decimal places (SELECT * FROM V$VERSION;).
[*] Post your Operating System (OS) name & version for your database (DB) server system.
[*] SHOW us using COPY & PASTE [...] exactly what you did & how Oracle responded.
[*] Post FORMATTED

John Watson wrote on Wed, 06 July 2016 22:11
I've just had a look at your posting history, and I've noticed that you never give any feedback. Or even say "thank you" to people who try to assist.

Goodbye.
Previous Topic: DataPump errors on EXCLUDE table syntax
Next Topic: Exporting from Physical standby
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:40:34 CDT 2024