Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cannot print an Oracle report sent from Oracle Forns (using BIXOLON printer) (Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Windows 7 64-bit)
Cannot print an Oracle report sent from Oracle Forns (using BIXOLON printer) [message #659923] Sun, 05 February 2017 06:38 Go to next message
maatouk.j1
Hello,

I'm a new user to this website.

I have an issue when trying to print an Oracle Report sent from Oracle Forms.

My problem is specific: If I try to run the report as Destination Type Cache and Destination Format PDF everything works fine.
However, if I try to run the report as Destination Type Printer and Destination Name BIXOLON SPP-R300 (which is the printer directly connected to my laptop through USB port), I get an error FRM-41214 Unable to run report.

You can check the BIXOLON SPP-R300 images here:
https://www.google.com.lb/search?q=BIXOLON+SPP-R300&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTz Z3W-_jRAhXFLhoKHSmMArYQ_AUIBigB

It's a small printer used for small invoices. (Not like a regular HP Epson printer which printer A4 papers).

Note: I adjusted the report width to fit the paper (3 inch).

Any idea why it's not working ?
Is the printer I'm using not compatible with Oracle maybe ?

Thank you,
Jean Maatouk.
Re: Cannot print an Oracle report sent from Oracle Forns (using BIXOLON printer) [message #659946 is a reply to message #659923] Mon, 06 February 2017 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Is the report server running on your PC?
If not then is your printer accessible from which ever machine the report server is running on?
Re: Cannot print an Oracle report sent from Oracle Forns (using BIXOLON printer) [message #659947 is a reply to message #659946] Mon, 06 February 2017 02:55 Go to previous message
maatouk.j1
Thank you cookiemonster for your reply.
My problem is solved.
It seems that the printer name in Oracle Forms must not contain spaces. When I removed the spaces from the printer name it worked fine.
Previous Topic: Form help in check box
Next Topic: Reports parameter form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:51:45 CDT 2024