Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Doubts on Oracle RAC
Doubts on Oracle RAC [message #656681] Fri, 14 October 2016 05:18 Go to next message
tssr2001
Hi All,

Have few questions related to Oracle RAC, Please provide your inputs on these :

1. Based on what condition load balancing is happening between 3 Nodes?

2. Suppose 10 queries are executed from the application to the Database, how the load balancing happens in this scenario :
a. The first 3 queries will go to Node1, the next 3 queries will go to Node2 and next 3 queries goes to Node3; and the last query goes to Node1 again?
b. The first 4 queries will go to Node1, the next 3 queries will go to Node2 and next 3 queries goes to Node3 ?
c. Any limit that can be set to a node on the No.Of queries executed, like 20 queries can be executed in Node1 and 30 queries on Node2 ?
d. Any other comments related to this scenario ?

3. I have 2 databases (Database1 and Database2) and i need to configure to configure the 3 Node RAC as below :
a. Node1 to take INSERT and DELETE statements alone from Database1,
b. Node2 to take SELECT and UPDATE statements alone from Database1, and
c. Node3 to take all operations from Database2

i) Is this possible, If yes how/where to configure these ?
ii) How to identify that this scenario is working properly. Is there anything, other than AWR Reports to check this?
iii) RAC configuration files are placed in which server of this 3 Node RAC scenario ?
iv) For Database1, data is stores in 3 places, Node1 server local storage, Node2 server local storage and Shared Storage (where Node1 and Node2 data syncs up). If yes, When does the data sync happens ?
v) Any other comments ?

Thanks in Advance,
Raja
Re: Doubts on Oracle RAC [message #656684 is a reply to message #656681] Fri, 14 October 2016 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Please can you explain what the purpose of these questions is and Where they came from? Also, what do you think the answers might be?
Re: Doubts on Oracle RAC [message #656687 is a reply to message #656684] Fri, 14 October 2016 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tssr2001
This question is generic to RAC concepts and not specific to any version and the purpose of this question is to understand the load balancing concepts, how is it happening, Etc. Can you please help me on this?
Re: Doubts on Oracle RAC [message #656688 is a reply to message #656687] Fri, 14 October 2016 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
No, I won't help yet, because the questions are unanswerable.
From where did they come? They seem to be based on misunderstandings of architecture that show that whoever made them up cannot have read anything about RAC at all.
Re: Doubts on Oracle RAC [message #656693 is a reply to message #656688] Fri, 14 October 2016 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tssr2001
I am new to RAC concept and would like to understand how load balancing works...
Re: Doubts on Oracle RAC [message #656694 is a reply to message #656693] Fri, 14 October 2016 09:51 Go to previous message
John Watson
Well, you could read chapter 5 of the RAC admin guide, http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/RACAD/toc.htm
but you may want to read the first four chapters first.

You have not said where those questions came from, so I assume you invented them. In which case, you have to get the fundamentals straight before attempting to understand workload management. For example, your point (iv) states that the database can exist in part on local storage. Really?
Previous Topic: patching on rac
Next Topic: Alert log error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:28:23 CDT 2024