Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Automating the Insertion of rows from several different queries
Automating the Insertion of rows from several different queries [message #490] Fri, 15 February 2002 03:52 Go to next message
ED Jessup
Maybe I am taking the wrong approach so maybe someone will give me some direction?

I have created a table that has all the fields that I need to design a report in Discoverer. The data has different time frames, different products, etc. with no relationship between them. I created several queries and inserted the results into the table. Now I would like some mechanism that would automatically run all these queries to populate the table. Is there such a thing?
Re: Automating the Insertion of rows from several different queries [message #517 is a reply to message #490] Sun, 17 February 2002 22:08 Go to previous message
Kronin
One simple way to do this could be to use MS Access. Connect to your database through ODBC, create your insert-queries and then use a scheduler to start MS Access at the appropriate time.

Never done it myself, but it shouldn't be a large problem.
Previous Topic: Re: Triggers in oracle
Next Topic: ORA-01733 -virtual column not allowed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:48:39 CDT 2024