Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » rdutils.pll library is not opening up in forms builder (Oracle forms & reports suit 10g)
rdutils.pll library is not opening up in forms builder [message #647266] Mon, 25 January 2016 01:11 Go to next message
kumarravik
Hi,

I am trying to open a library (rdutils.pll) in forms builder, but it stops working. I am not sure what is causing the form developer to hung.

However, i am able to open many library files, all other .pll files but this particular is causing issue. i have attached the screen-shot, if it is helpful..

I have set environment variables as below:

forms_path : C:\myforms

Below are the other related details,

Oracle forms & reports suit 10g
Operating system is Win 7 (64 bit)
PLL file causing issue : rdutils.pll
Re: rdutils.pll library is not opening up in forms builder [message #647308 is a reply to message #647266] Tue, 26 January 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Can you open this PL/SQL Library on a different computer? Do you have a backup copy of the library, hopefully, in a source management tool? What is your exact version of Oracle Forms 10g (eg: 10.1.x.x.x)? There is only one version of Forms 10g certified for Windows 7 32-bit. The only edition of Oracle Forms certified for 64-bit Windows is Forms 11g and Forms 12c.
Re: rdutils.pll library is not opening up in forms builder [message #647350 is a reply to message #647308] Tue, 26 January 2016 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarravik
Form builder is Version 10.1.2.0.2. Screen-shot attached for details.
I have taken this library backup from Version controller only(Serena PVCS).
i tried to open this library on another computer without any success.
I don't have admin access on my machine, could this be the issue..not sure.
Re: rdutils.pll library is not opening up in forms builder [message #647453 is a reply to message #647350] Thu, 28 January 2016 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Quote:
i tried to open this library on another computer without any success.

This is not good. Some of the possible causes are:
1. This library has an attached library. Try putting all of your .pll files in the same directory as the rdutil.pll and then try opening again.
2. The library was last edited with a newer version of Forms 10g R2. Version 10.1.2.0.2 is the initial release of Forms 10g R2. Check with the other developers to see is everyone is using the same version. The most current version of Forms 10g R2 is 10.1.3.x.x. My guess is that the last person to edit this library was using a newer version.
3. The library is corrupt. Checkout an earlier version of the library from your source control and see if the problem persists. Go back as far as you need to find a version you can open. Unfortunately, if the file is corrupt, you will have to apply all of the changes to the library bring it up to date.

Quote:

Oracle Forms has to be installed as an Administrator, but you don't have to have Administrator rights to use it once it is installed - so long as it was installed correctly. I don't believe this would be the problem, though, because you would have problems using Forms Builder in general - not with just one file.

Quote:

The fact that
Re: rdutils.pll library is not opening up in forms builder [message #648136 is a reply to message #647453] Wed, 17 February 2016 05:14 Go to previous message
kumarravik
it's been long time.

the issue has been resolved now. thanks for your inputs

Previous Topic: List of WebUtil function
Next Topic: when-window-activated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:04:38 CDT 2024