Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tab Pages in Forms (oracle forms)
Tab Pages in Forms [message #646936] Fri, 15 January 2016 01:19 Go to next message
msaqibqureshi
I have tab pages within master detail form. I want to hide some tab page based on master block /form. but in query mode tab hide this is ok..

Problem Area:
and control not move to the next record in master block. and I not want to use next_Record etc. I want it master block / form behave same as before it hide the tab page.

here is sample some code:

declare
tp_id1 TAB_PAGE;
tp_id2 TAB_PAGE;
--
begin
if nvl(:T_DEDUCTION.APPLICABILITY,'A') = 'A' then
tp_id1 :=FIND_TAB_PAGE('RATES_MASTERCODE.DEDUCTIONRATELOCAITON');
SET_TAB_PAGE_PROPERTY(tp_id1, visible, property_false);
tp_id2 :=FIND_TAB_PAGE('RATES_MASTERCODE.RATES');
SET_TAB_PAGE_PROPERTY(tp_id2, visible, property_true);

PREVIOUS_RECORD; I Not want to use this
END IF;

if :T_DEDUCTION.APPLICABILITY <> 'A' then
SET_TAB_PAGE_PROPERTY(tp_id1, visible, property_true);
SET_TAB_PAGE_PROPERTY(tp_id2, visible, property_false);

go_block ('T_DEDUCTIONRATES_LOC'); I Not want to use this

--PREVIOUS_RECORD; I Not want to use this
end if;

end ;
Re: Tab Pages in Forms [message #646946 is a reply to message #646936] Fri, 15 January 2016 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
It's not all clear which blocks go with which tabs, or what the navigation should be, or why there's an issue with previous_record or go_block.
You're going to have to describe what you've got and what you want in a lot more detail.
Re: Tab Pages in Forms [message #646949 is a reply to message #646946] Fri, 15 January 2016 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
msaqibqureshi
Master Block (:T_DEDUCTION.APPLICABILITY)

Detail Block 'T_DEDUCTIONRATES_LOC'

when we are in query mode by pressing Ctrl+F11 than we see master-detail records (Ok)
and when this code execute it hide my desired tab and unhide desired tab; (ok)

if nvl(:T_DEDUCTION.APPLICABILITY,'A') = 'A' then
SET_TAB_PAGE_PROPERTY(tp_id1, visible, property_false);
SET_TAB_PAGE_PROPERTY(tp_id2, visible, property_true);

both requirements are ok.. but my cursor is on the master block and it not move to the next record and skip one record if I use next_Record; (This is problem)
that is why I not want to use next record / previous_record;

Re: Tab Pages in Forms [message #646955 is a reply to message #646949] Fri, 15 January 2016 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Still have no idea what items from what blocks are on what tab pages.
Re: Tab Pages in Forms [message #647148 is a reply to message #646955] Wed, 20 January 2016 09:08 Go to previous message
CraigB
Keep in mind that Forms is Hierarchical. This means, that the default Tab Order follows the order in which items appear in the Object Navigator. When you programatically change the order of items, you must programatically change the tab order as well. Since you haven't done this, Forms is still trying to go to the next item as it appears in the Object Navigator.
To do this, you would need to set the Set_Item_Property('MASTER_BLOCK.LAST_NAV_ITEM',NEXT_NAVIGATOR_ITEM,'DETAIL_BLOCK.ITEM_you_want_navigation_to'); and do the same with the Set_Item_Property('DETAIL_BLOCK.Item',PREVIOUS_NAVIGATION_ITEM,'MASTER_BLOCK.LAST_NAV_ITEM');.

Quote:
but my cursor is on the master block and it not move to the next record and skip one record if I use next_Record; (This is problem)

So, does your Master Block have more than one record? Is the NExt Record a "New" record? If so, the Next_Record() build-in will fail and keep you at the current record (see Forms Help on Next_Record()).

I agree with CM, it is still not clear how your form is configured and which items belong to which block/tab/etc.
Previous Topic: IMAGE ON FORM 6i
Next Topic: Java Calendar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:57:19 CDT 2024