Home » Other » Training & Certification » OCP MySQL 5.6 Developer 1Z0-882 is scary difficult (MySQL 5.6)
icon8.gif  OCP MySQL 5.6 Developer 1Z0-882 is scary difficult [message #641590] Tue, 18 August 2015 12:29
rc3d
Follow up from http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/197845/ titled "OCP MySQL 5.6 DBA 1Z0-883 is a very hard nut to crack".

I thought SQL is SQL and DB normalization are basics and took Developer exam. It's hell difficult. All questions are about details a normal dev only encounter at debugging.

You need to know the Connector/J (Java), .Net and two different PHP connectors. Lots of questions about those.

GET DIAGNOSTICS is new with MySQL 5.6 and not available with Open Source derivates. Lots of questions about error and warning messages. You need to understand different SQL Modes.

You need to understand STRAIGHT JOIN. It's not available with Oracle RDBMs.

There are tons of performance tuning questions. Make sure you understand "explain plan".

LOAD DATA is the SQL*Loader of MySQL. Be prepared for all exotic questions about it.

It's impossible to pass this exam for part time MySQL worker. You need to be really expert and know all the details. The Oracle courseware (eKit) prepare very bad about exam topics.

I won't try a second time. My next goal to pass C100DBA: MongoDB Certified DBA Associate Exam

Oracle sadistically wrote those exams. Don't waste your time.
Previous Topic: Oracle 12C 1z0-061 certification
Next Topic: Exam 1Z0-144 (11g Program with PL/SQL) - My Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:59:26 CDT 2024