Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Need to write French character (Oracle Reports, 10G,Win 7 )
Need to write French character [message #641365] Thu, 13 August 2015 11:44 Go to next message
shumail
Hi All
I'm trying to write one of the French character but no luck, any help will be highly appreciate. See attached for details.
Note:= I already try ALT+226 but no luck. Thanks
  • Attachment: ascii.JPG
    (Size: 13.44KB, Downloaded 1163 times)
Re: Need to write French character [message #641374 is a reply to message #641365] Thu, 13 August 2015 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not very good at different character sets and national language settings, but: did you use font which allows you to write that character? Can you type it - using the same font - in MS Word, for example? Note that - as Reports 10g runs on an application server - server also has to have the same font installed.

Furthermore, do you want to write that character as a boilerplate object (so the above suggestion applies), or do you want to store it (and read) from the database (i.e. you want to insert strings using French characters into a column and then display it in Reports)? In the second case, your database must support French character set.

Check whether CHR function does any good in your case. Here's a SQL*Plus example:
SQL> select 'A' || chr(226) || 'B' from dual;

'A'
---
AÔB

SQL>

If nothing of the above helps, PM Michel Cadot and ask him to review this topic. He is French, I'm sure he'll be able to help (much better than I can).
Re: Need to write French character [message #641387 is a reply to message #641365] Fri, 14 August 2015 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You must have:
1) A program which is able to display this character
2) a NLS_LANG set to a value that a) matches with your OS and b) supports this character.

Re: Need to write French character [message #641484 is a reply to message #641387] Sun, 16 August 2015 19:22 Go to previous message
shumail
Thanks for your replies, I solved this problem and used Alt+0212 and got the exact character but don't know why I cant see that code if I use Alt+226.
I tried to use boiler object to write this character. Thanks again for your replies...
Previous Topic: Numeric seperators in delimited output
Next Topic: Delimiteddata ??????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:18:04 CDT 2024