Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » TEXT FILE GENERATION (ORACLE FORMS 6i)
TEXT FILE GENERATION [message #640460] Tue, 28 July 2015 23:20 Go to next message
asifkhan1990.cse

dear All,

i am new in oracle form 6i,could any one tell me please what is the use of utl_file package and text_io package.both are same?

thanks in advance.
Re: TEXT FILE GENERATION [message #640461 is a reply to message #640460] Tue, 28 July 2015 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>i am new in oracle form 6i,

Forms 6i has not been supported this Century.
Please join the 21st Century at your earliest convenience.
Re: TEXT FILE GENERATION [message #640496 is a reply to message #640461] Wed, 29 July 2015 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajesh4851
Hi Asifkhan,
TEXT_IO is a forms built-in which is used to write and read information to and from files. If we want to load data from files(.csv etc) in your local machine to the forms then we can use it. It can't be used in database. But forms latest versions provided WEBUTIL utilities which can do the same job.

UTL_FILE is also way to handle the files, but it can access only the server location files. Means within the same server where your forms application server resides(should have the acess to that directory). It can't access the files from FTP location directly. This can be supported by DB also..
Hope it helps you Smile
Re: TEXT FILE GENERATION [message #640524 is a reply to message #640461] Thu, 30 July 2015 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

Laughing do you have answer of any question Razz
Re: TEXT FILE GENERATION [message #640525 is a reply to message #640460] Thu, 30 July 2015 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

utl_file & text_io
Re: TEXT FILE GENERATION [message #642296 is a reply to message #640525] Mon, 07 September 2015 01:24 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
rajesh4851 reported jgjeetu's message #640524, saying:

rajesh4851

Reason: what does he mean? Pls don't encourage such nasty comments. remove this msg from jgjeetu. This forum is meant to talk about technical things not personnel. "Laughing do you have answer of any question Razz "

Hello!

Unfortunately, you (rajesh4851) don't accept private messages so I have to post this in public.

I've seen that you reported jgjeetu's message. I remember when he posted it a month ago. However, I believe that he didn't mean to laugh at you. Here's why: if you check messages you posted so far, there were two of them posted the same day, several minutes one after another. I think that jgjeetu noticed that you started answering questions and left the comment. Something like "Wow, rajesh4851, that's great! Can you answer all other questions as well?". Smileys he posted were there just to show his satisfaction, not to make fun of you.

At least, that's what I think. I didn't notice jgjeetu's negative attitude earlier, so I don't think that he started to be like that now.

If you still feel that he did something wrong, please, discuss it with him. I'm not going to take any further actions at the moment.

Regards,

LF
Previous Topic: Create data link in oracle report
Next Topic: gobat60.exe not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:40:43 CDT 2024