Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-40350: Query Caused no record to be Retrived. (Forms 10g)
FRM-40350: Query Caused no record to be Retrived. [message #639203] Thu, 02 July 2015 12:17 Go to next message
katangur.nikethan
Hi all,

Greetings of the day....!

I want to Perform action based on the User action once if user selects "NO" then i need to stop user from continue the Entry, else i need to allow user to continue.

Below is the code which i am using for the above requirement, but facing the below error

Attached the Error Screen for your referance.

Error: FRM-40350: Query Caused no record to be Retrived.

Hoping for the early reply,Thanks in advance....!

Regards
K Nikethan Reddy.

fnd_message.set_string (get_message('TEST_MSG')); 
v_button_pressed := FND_MESSAGE.question(button1     => 'Yes',
button2     => NULL,
button3     => 'No',
default_btn => 1,
cancel_btn  => 3,
icon        => 'question');
fnd_message.show; 
IF v_button_pressed = 3 then
do_key('exit_form'); 
END IF;
  • Attachment: Error.PNG
    (Size: 12.57KB, Downloaded 1148 times)
Re: FRM-40350: Query Caused no record to be Retrived. [message #639212 is a reply to message #639203] Thu, 02 July 2015 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
FRM-40350 says that query fetched no records from the table because the table is empty (probably it is not), or it contains no records that meet the query's search criteria.

Now, code you posted doesn't contain "fetching" so I'd say that isn't responsible for the error you got.

Is the form in query mode? If so, then - if user presses the third ("No") button, EXIT_FORM exits query mode. Otherwise, it exits the form.

What happens if user presses the first ("Yes") button? Your code doesn't contain that option so I'll presume that there's EXECUTE_QUERY that follows, but it doesn't return any records which causes FRM-40350 to be raised. Why doesn't it return any records? Did you miss to set block's DEFAULT_WHERE or ONETIME_WHERE property?

Perhaps you should run a form in debug mode and see what's going on.

On the other hand, "FND_MESSAGE" sounds like Oracle Apps. term, and I'm not familiar with that software product so - maybe everything I previously said doesn't make much sense in that context. Hopefully, someone else will be able to assist better than I can.
Re: FRM-40350: Query Caused no record to be Retrived. [message #639766 is a reply to message #639212] Wed, 15 July 2015 08:30 Go to previous message
CraigB
Where do you execute the code sample you listed? Looking at your error.png it makes me think that the exception is occurring before your code to display a message to the user. Can you post the full trigger code and the trigger name?

Craig...
Previous Topic: when updating field, getting frm-40212
Next Topic: File Store and Copy in Directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:05 CDT 2024