Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find (Forms builder 10.1.2)
bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639076] Wed, 01 July 2015 04:51 Go to next message
dpit
Hi,

I'm a newbie in Forms.
A former colleague has created a custom form and I now need to add an extra field.

When compiling the fmb file to an fmx file in a Linux prompt, I get this error:

Compiling WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on FIND item in CUST_QF data block...
Compilation error on WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on FIND item in CUST_QF data block:
PL/SQL ERROR 49 at line 1, column 1
bad bind variable 'parameter.G_query_find'
PL/SQL ERROR 49 at line 1, column 1
PL/SQL ERROR 49 at line 3, column 1

I have not touched that part of the form.
When I try to compile the previous/existing fmb file, I get the same error so I'm not sure how they compiled it before?

I attached the fmb file. I had to zip it as it's larger than 2MB. However, .zip is not accepted so I renamed it to .fmb.
So please rename the extension to .zip first to extract the fmb file.

Hopefully someone is willing to take a look at this to see what is wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Re: bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639078 is a reply to message #639076] Wed, 01 July 2015 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
(I can't open that form with my Forms Builder so ...)

It seems that WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on FIND item in CUST_QF data block references a parameter whose name is G_query_find, but it doesn't exist among parameters declared in that form.
Re: bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639080 is a reply to message #639078] Wed, 01 July 2015 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dpit
Hi,

Did you rename the file to .zip first and then extract the zip file to get the form?
Re: bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639081 is a reply to message #639080] Wed, 01 July 2015 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I have the FMB, but your and my Forms version are different. I don't see any items nor program units.

However, I saw the parameter's list, and there's no G_query_find parameter in there. Try to add it. Can't tell what would be its data type; if you aren't sure either, set it to Character and try to recompile the form.
Re: bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639087 is a reply to message #639081] Wed, 01 July 2015 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dpit
Hi,

There is actually a parameter G_QUERY_FIND:

/forum/fa/12746/0/
  • Attachment: parameter.JPG
    (Size: 120.16KB, Downloaded 4352 times)
Re: bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639097 is a reply to message #639087] Wed, 01 July 2015 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Your picture says it all. The G_QUERY_FIND parameter is subclassed. Therefore, you need to make sure your environment is configured correctly to find all of the depended files when you compile. In other words, you need to make sure your FORMS_PATH includes the directory where the source object (.fmb or .olb) for these subclassed object resides. If the Forms Compiler can't find the source object, you will get the error you are getting.

Craig...
Re: bad bind variable parameter.G_query_find [message #639101 is a reply to message #639097] Wed, 01 July 2015 13:34 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Right; I didn't see any subclassed parameters.
Previous Topic: problem in clearing data from related data blocks in oracle forms
Next Topic: concate two colulmns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:36:30 CDT 2024