Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem while Compile Menu (mmb) file on SunOS (Oracle 10g)
Problem while Compile Menu (mmb) file on SunOS [message #636319] Tue, 21 April 2015 08:13 Go to next message
shekhar.salunkhe
Hi All,

I have one existing menu of application and I want to remove some submenus from mmb file.
I have compiled mmb file by removing those option.

Then we usually compile that source file in SunOS by using below command:

frmcmp_batch.sh module=appl.mmb userid=xxxx/xxxx@sid module_type=MENU compile_all=yes

It compiles sucessfully but it's strange for me.. after compiling it is rebuild menu file and adding those submenu as well which I wanted to remove.

Can anybody has face such issue ?

Is there any file or folder where changed source is comparing with existing source file.

Please help me, why/how oracle is re inserting those submenu ?

Thanks
Re: Problem while Compile Menu (mmb) file on SunOS [message #636320 is a reply to message #636319] Tue, 21 April 2015 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
If the sub-menu's are back, it suggests that you have an old version of the .mmb file on your application server. I recommend you FTP/Copy the file your App Server again and then compile.

Craig...
Re: Problem while Compile Menu (mmb) file on SunOS [message #636322 is a reply to message #636320] Tue, 21 April 2015 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shekhar.salunkhe
Hi,

I did not find with that name of file. I tried this many times but did not succeeded.
One more thing which I forget to mentioned, When I changed the source file name and compile it.
In this case I changed aapl.mmb to appl_new.mmb -->compile --> aapl_new.mmx generated.
Then I rename to aapl.mmx and copy into working directory.
It works but this workaround I can not use all the time.

Re: Problem while Compile Menu (mmb) file on SunOS [message #636325 is a reply to message #636322] Tue, 21 April 2015 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Check your application server's FORMS_PATH to see if you have a different directory for your Library or Menu objects. Perhaps you are not copying the file to the correct directory so during runtime, the older version is being found. Just a thought.

Craig...
Re: Problem while Compile Menu (mmb) file on SunOS [message #636327 is a reply to message #636325] Tue, 21 April 2015 09:51 Go to previous message
shekhar.salunkhe
Hi,

Thanks for your help...
Problem solved.. I find out .mmb file in someother directory ./int/appl.mmb
When I removed that file and tried ..
It works
Previous Topic: oracle form not connected with 11g database
Next Topic: how to create record group with dynamic query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:54:47 CDT 2024