Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » webutil.olb (forms 10.1.2.0.2 windows xp)
webutil.olb [message #636107] Thu, 16 April 2015 20:11 Go to next message
GUPPY6970
Installed webutil in Oracle forms.
Generated the .plx file with no problem.
Removed the path from the Webutil.pll file.
Trying to subclass webutil.olb.
I can not drag it into the form to subclass it, only attach it.
Re: webutil.olb [message #636324 is a reply to message #636107] Tue, 21 April 2015 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Quote:

What does this mean? Do you get an error when you attempt to subclass the objects? A guess would be that your webutil.olb is not found in the FORMS_PATH so the Forms Builder doesn't know where the source objects are when you subclass. Again, this is just a guess! We need to know what error you are getting!

Craig...
Re: webutil.olb [message #636397 is a reply to message #636324] Wed, 22 April 2015 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUPPY6970
I found documentation that states that you are supposed to drag Webutil.olb into the form, than the option is not given to copy or subclass it. There is no error when I drag it, it only copies it to the form.
The Webutil.olb is in the devsuitehome_1\forms directory.

Re: webutil.olb [message #636403 is a reply to message #636397] Wed, 22 April 2015 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
GUPPY6970 wrote on Wed, 22 April 2015 12:14
I found documentation that states that you are supposed to drag Webutil.olb into the form, than the option is not given to copy or subclass it. There is no error when I drag it, it only copies it to the form.

Yes, but you should subclass the webutil.olb object group into your form so if there are ever any changes to the original object (through the installation of a Oracle Patch, etc.,) the changes will be inherited in your form. All you have to do is recompile and you are good.

By copying the objects, you basically have stand-alone versions of them and to get any potential changes from a patch, you would have to edit your Form and delete and recopy the WebUtil.olb again.
Quote:

Yes, which is why this directory is always included in the FORMS_PATH parameter.
Quote:

In order to "sub-class" the webutil object group (or any object group), you have to open the webutil.olb (File -> Open: webutil.olb). You will now see WEBUTIL in the Object Libraries node of the Object Navigator. Double-click on the WEBUTIL node to open Object Library window. Now, from the WebUtil Objects tab click on the WEBUTIL object group and drag it to the Object Groups node of your Form in the Object Navigator and release. You will be prompted to Subclass, Copy or Cancel. Select "Subclass".

Craig...
Re: webutil.olb [message #636423 is a reply to message #636403] Thu, 23 April 2015 12:11 Go to previous message
GUPPY6970
Works great Craig, thanks for the help...
Previous Topic: how to create record group with dynamic query
Next Topic: ORACLE FORMS 10G - WEBUTIL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:43:41 CDT 2024