Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » form not displaying (form builder 11.2.0.4 64 bit,windows 7 64bit,,oracle database 11g)
form not displaying [message #636031] Wed, 15 April 2015 04:47 Go to next message
hcdba
First i installed developer suit 11g successfully.then now i have to check form running fine or not.
so i create one basic simple form and compile it successfully compiled.
then i run that form on internet explorer but form still not display.

i start ocj4 service but in that test mode is false: about test mode i dont know.
i also replace current jvm.dll file.

i am totally new to oracle forms

can anyone guide me.or give some reference notes so i can study well.

Thanx in advance.

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Wed, 15 April 2015 05:40] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Form not displaying in internet explorer [message #636033 is a reply to message #636031] Wed, 15 April 2015 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hcdba
Hi First i install developer suit 11g successfully. then to check form run successfully or not i create one basic form,

this form compile successfully and when run in internet explorer it not displaying result.

i started ocj4 service but it gives some this kind info
configFileName: E:\DevSuiteHome_1/forms/server/forms
testMode: false

i also replace Jinitiator jvm.dll file with latest jvm.dll file.

i am new to forms and reports. Please guide me well.

Thanx in advance
Re: Form not displaying in internet explorer [message #636046 is a reply to message #636033] Wed, 15 April 2015 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
First off, you have several inconsistencies in your post.
Quote:
i started ocj4 service but it gives some this kind info
configFileName: E:\DevSuiteHome_1/forms/server/forms
testMode: false

The Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMw)11g suite (formerly Oracle Developer Suite (ODS)) does not use the OC4J service any longer - it uses the WebLogic Server.
Quote:
i also replace Jinitiator jvm.dll file with latest jvm.dll file.

The Oracle Jinitiator does not ship with FMw and is not supported at all with FMw. JInitiator was the default Java Runtime with ODS 10g, but Oracle has discontinued Jinitiator. The default Java Runtime for the initial release of FMw 11g R2 was Java 1.6.0_12, but you should upgrade to the latest version of Java 1.7 at a minimum.

According to the Subject line of your post, you have installed Forms version 11.2.0.4 on a Windows 7 64-bit OS against an Oracle 11g database. Have you installed any FMw patches? I ask this because the current version available from oracle.com is version 11.1.2.2.0. Also, did you install the WebLogic Server (WLS) 10.3.6? This is the WLS version certified with Forms 11.1.2.

Quote:
i am new to forms and reports. Please guide me well.

First and foremost...read the Oracle® Forms and Reports Download, Installation, and Configuration ReadMe 11g Release 2 (11.1.2.2) manual. It tells you everything you need to know about performing a successful installation.

Second, you are going to need to undo all of your changes (especially the Hack to the Java DLL). Uninstall everything related to Oracle Fusion Middleware and reinstall. When you reinstall, install the Java 1.7.0_80 runtime first. Then install WLS 10.3.6, but do not run the configuration step at the end. Next, install the FMw 11g R2 software and run the configuration at the end of the installation. This will configure both WLS and FMw. After you have successfully installed these software products, you will need to update the Forms configuration files to use the installed version of the Java Runtime. This is done by editing the formsweb.cfg file, found in the \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain\config\fmwconfig\servers\AdminServer\applications\formsapp_11.1.2\config directory (if you used the default locations during installation. You will need to update the following line of the formsweb.cfg:
# Page displayed to users to allow them to download Sun's Java Plugin.
# Sun's Java Plugin is typically used for non-Windows clients.
# (NOTE: you should check this page and possibly change the settings)
jpi_download_page=http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u12/index.html
# Parameter related to the version of the Java Plugin
#jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0012-ABCDEFFEDCBA
jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0017-0080-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA
jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-6-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,6,0,12
#jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_12
jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.7.0_80
# Applet parameter for Sun's Java Plugin
legacy_lifecycle=false

I strongly recommend you comment out the original setting (as I've done above with the "#" sign) and add a new line with the updated setting.

After you have completed this you should be able to successfully run a Form from the Forms Builder. Make sure you start the WLS Admin Server using the provided Start Menu link "Start WebLogic Admin Server".

Craig...
Re: Form not displaying in internet explorer [message #636073 is a reply to message #636046] Thu, 16 April 2015 00:13 Go to previous message
hcdba
thank you sir..
Previous Topic: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type
Next Topic: CREATE ALERT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:14:02 CDT 2024