Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » ORDS, RAC, TAF, Glassfish
ORDS, RAC, TAF, Glassfish [message #635908] Sat, 11 April 2015 04:20 Go to next message
John Watson
Can I use TAF to provide session failover between RAC nodes for APEX applications? It would depend on whether ORDS includes the OCI libraries (unless something can be done in my Glassfish Java container?) This post on OTN
https://community.oracle.com/thread/3636471
says this
Quote:
Create file with these entries:

db.connectionType=tns

db.tnsAliasName=mydb

db.tnsDirectory=d:/oracle/mydb/network/admin

db.hostname=

db.port=

db.servicename=

Assuming the file you created was named ords_db_properties.txt, you would load this into ORDS with the following command:

java -jar ords.war set-properties d:\ords_db_properties.txt
that seems to suggest that ORDS is an OCI client, so TAF should work. Can anyone confirm this?

I know I could test, but it is a lot of work to set up the test and if anyone happens to know whether and how TAF can work for an APEX app using ORDS, it would save me a lot of time.

THank you for any insight.
Re: ORDS, RAC, TAF, Glassfish [message #635920 is a reply to message #635908] Sun, 12 April 2015 09:10 Go to previous message
John Watson
I think I have the answer. The defaults.xml shipped with ORDS includes this line,

<entry key="jdbc.DriverType">thin</entry>

which is thin client. If I install the oci8 library and adjust the setting to this

<entry key="jdbc.DriverType">oci8</entry>

then I should have access to OCI facilities such as TAF and encryption. It sounds too simple to be true, if anyone is using this successfully I would be interested to know. I'll test it when I have time.
Previous Topic: Oracle Apex Dynamic actions in tabular form
Next Topic: Upgrade VirtualBox Oracle VM to APEX 5.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:22:00 CDT 2024