Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type (Oracle Forms Builder 11G)
Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #635836] Thu, 09 April 2015 14:56 Go to next message
brjeansilva

Hi All,

I'm new member! Thanks for atention and sorry for my english.

I need know how do for disable or enable only a item (text item field type) based in other checkbox field type and not all my block.

For example bellow:

--Enable/Disable TEXT_ITEM1
IF   (NVL(:UNINEG_TIPO_DESPESAS.CHECK_BOX_ITEM, 'N') = 'N') THEN
     SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', CURRENT_RECORD, UPDATE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_FALSE);
     SET_ITEM_PROPERTY          ('TEXT_ITEM', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r214g214b214');
ELSE
     SET_ITEM_PROPERTY          ('TEXT_ITEM', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r255g255b255');
     SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', CURRENT_RECORD, UPDATE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_TRUE);
END IF;

I did inserted the code up, in post-query and pre-record triggers from my block and when-checkbox-changed in trigger from checkbox item, but, no functioned. The system saw the selected line only and enable/disable all my block instead of disable only the line selected.

Anybody can help me, please?

Thanks guys!

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2015 14:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #635863 is a reply to message #635836] Fri, 10 April 2015 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The above code sets the update allowed for a single instance of an item in a block and the background colour of all the instances of the item in the block. You can set visual_attribute using set_item_instance_property.
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #635951 is a reply to message #635863] Mon, 13 April 2015 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brjeansilva

Hi cookiemonster,

Firstly, thanks for your replay and help

When I set the set_item_instance_property in visual_attribute in post-query and pre-record triggers show error bellow.

/forum/fa/12622/0/

But, in method above first topic, not me show error.

Thanks and regards!
  • Attachment: Error.png
    (Size: 3.79KB, Downloaded 10690 times)
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #635953 is a reply to message #635951] Mon, 13 April 2015 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Show us your code... My first impression is that you are not passing the CURRENT_RECORD parameter to the Set_Item_Instance_Property() built-in, but we need to see your code to confirm what the cause is.

Craig...
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #636005 is a reply to message #635953] Tue, 14 April 2015 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brjeansilva

Hi Craig,

Thanks for help!

Bellow my code, I'm inserted in post-query and pre-record triggers from my block and when-checkbox-changed, when-validate-item and post-change trigger in my check-box item.

Quote:

--Enable/Disable TEXT_ITEM
IF (NVL(:MY_BLOCK.CHECK_BOX_ITEM, 'N') = 'S') THEN
SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', CURRENT_RECORD, UPDATE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_FALSE);
SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', CURRENT_RECORD, NAVIGABLE, PROPERTY_FALSE);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r214g214b214');
ELSE
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r255g255b255');
SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', CURRENT_RECORD, UPDATE_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_TRUE);
SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', CURRENT_RECORD, NAVIGABLE, PROPERTY_TRUE);
END IF;

Thanks and regards!
Jean Silva
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #636008 is a reply to message #636005] Tue, 14 April 2015 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
That code doesn't set visual_attribute at any point.
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #636013 is a reply to message #636008] Tue, 14 April 2015 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brjeansilva

How do I can do it? Please!
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #636028 is a reply to message #636013] Wed, 15 April 2015 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The same way you set other properties. You do need to have some visual attributes set up. Form builder help describes all this in detail - have a look.
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #636047 is a reply to message #636028] Wed, 15 April 2015 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Jean,
Quote:
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r214g214b214');
 ELSE
 SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ('TEXT_ITEM', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r255g255b255');

This code will set the background_color for all instances of the TEXT_ITEM object. Like CookieMonster stated, you want to create a Visual Attribute object (in the Visual Attribute node of the Object Navigator) for each background color and then use the Set_Item_Instance_Property() built-in to set your different background colors.

Craig...
Re: Enable/disable only item (field) based in other checkbox field type [message #636058 is a reply to message #636047] Wed, 15 April 2015 13:09 Go to previous message
brjeansilva

Hi,

Thank so much Craig and cookiemonster!

I got with help from you two!

Thanks a lot!
Previous Topic: Oracle forms impact due to OS upgrade
Next Topic: form not displaying
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:20:44 CDT 2024