Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » log in script (Developer 6i, Databse 11G R2,window 7 ultimate)
kilimanjaro
Hello Buddies,

I want to have a button which when pressed ,the sys user log in to sqlplus.exe automatically.
so far I have this -- HOST('cmd /c start "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" C:\oracle\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\BIN\sqlplus.exe');

my user is sys as sysdba. Database= KGB .PASSWORD 8907

Thank you.

Re: log in script [message #634252 is a reply to message #634251] Fri, 06 March 2015 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

No custom application should be able to connect as SYS (unless very few specific cases and your is surely not one).
And SYS should have a password far more complex than this one.

Re: log in script [message #634260 is a reply to message #634252] Fri, 06 March 2015 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
Michel Cadot wrote on Fri, 06 March 2015 10:06

No custom application should be able to connect as SYS (unless very few specific cases and your is surely not one).
And SYS should have a password far more complex than this one.

And now that he has exposed that bit of information, I wonder if it would be possible to read back through his other posts and glean the information necessary to actually log in to his system as sysdba?

A frightening example I personally witnessed:
Re: log in script [message #634262 is a reply to message #634260] Fri, 06 March 2015 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Yes, this is scaring!

Re: log in script [message #634350 is a reply to message #634262] Sun, 08 March 2015 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
It is of a great surprise that guys I Believed are good for the best of everyone who wants to learn can at anytime turn to be arrogant,irresponsible and worse just because they know 1+1= 2;
I didn't go to a college to study oracle but I have strive to know at least a bit of it and today I can announce that I have successful create a software for my local church.I thank you all who helped me without regarding me as the piece of nutts/worse.
I special thank you Littlefoot.I still don't accept that this forum exist only for "Those who knows too much".
Re: log in script [message #634351 is a reply to message #634350] Sun, 08 March 2015 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
@Thinking I have provided the genuine credentials just to let you assist is an insult .But I take it because I believe Even Larry faced your forefathers when he was envisioning relational database.Today the offspring of forefathers are good in ORACLE!!!
Re: log in script [message #634352 is a reply to message #634351] Sun, 08 March 2015 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You should learn to read what we write.
We warned you on an important point about security which has nothing with Oracle but behaviour in your life, for your sake (do you also give your credit card number to everyone?).

Talking about behaviour, we can all see that you steadily refuse to follow the OraFAQ Forum Guide. Don't you think this is an insult towards all those who read and took time for you?

Re: log in script [message #634597 is a reply to message #634352] Wed, 11 March 2015 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
I don't want to speak for Michel or Ed are intentionally trying to be insulting. I think they are simply trying to point out that the SYS and SYSDBA user account shouldn't be used except by a Database Administrator (DBA). Of your own admission, you have stated that you "didn't go to a college to study oracle" so you are probably not familiar with standard development and security practices associated with databases (not just Oracle). One of the first things you will be taught about Oracle is that you never use the SYS or SYSDBA account for anything! These are high privilege accounts that can change any facet of your database and access to these accounts should be extremely limited. You should always create a new user/schema for application development. There are a lot of "Self Taught" developers in the world and I would like to think that most of them have taken the time to learn the "Best Practices" for the language and development environment they are writing software for.

Is there some action you are trying to perform by opening a SQL Plus session from an Oracle Form as the SYS or SYSDBA user? Why do you need to use either of these accounts? Could you please explain "What" you are trying to accomplish so we can offer to a safer alternative than using a SYS or SYSDBA user account?

Craig...
Re: log in script [message #634725 is a reply to message #634597] Sat, 14 March 2015 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
Hello Craig .Thank you for clarification.My problem is I want to do backup.Now when I shut down database/startup nomount then try to Log into RMAN I get "ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections".

when i startup mount I can connect into RMAN but cant do backup.

How do I go arround this please?

Thank you in advance.
Re: log in script [message #634728 is a reply to message #634725] Sat, 14 March 2015 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

How is this a Forms question?
How is this related to the original question?

Quote:
but cant do backup.

This is NOT an Oracle error message and help us in no way to determine the origin of the problem.

Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide

[Updated on: Sat, 14 March 2015 01:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: log in script [message #634836 is a reply to message #634728] Mon, 16 March 2015 11:16 Go to previous message
CraigB
Quote:
How do I go arround this please?

Don't use Oracle Forms to do database maintenance...that is not what this tool is for. Your DBA should be doing your backups and all other database maintenance and they(He/She) should be doing this out side of Oracle Forms.

Craig...

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2015 11:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: create tamplate for all canvas
Next Topic: value default for list item of record group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:28:00 CDT 2024