Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Show data from a table in hierarchical way
Show data from a table in hierarchical way [message #633596] Sun, 22 February 2015 23:47 Go to next message
waleed444
I have a form which should be showing data from table AMM_POSAOD in hierarchical way. So I designed the form with 3 blocks. First one is TREE_BLK with a tree item, the second one (AMM_POSAOD) is showing details of the selected node in the tree and the third one (DUGMAD) is showing two buttons.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2015 23:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Show data from a table in hierarchical way [message #633597 is a reply to message #633596] Mon, 23 February 2015 00:11 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you misplaced the message, I split it from an unrelated topic you used to ask the question.

As of your problem, I'd suggest you to review previous discussions (those are search results for "tree" in our Forms forum; use other keywords to find information you're interested in). Basically, you need a hierarchical query. AMM_POSAOD table should contain child and parent information (that would be two columns); then use START WITH ... CONNECT BY to create a tree.

Furthermore, hat is your working environment? Which Forms version do you use? Operating system?

Finally, it's just me being curious: where do those tables/blocks names come from? POSAO and DUGMAD particularly?
Previous Topic: OLE2-305500 -error
Next Topic: ORA-03121
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:10:19 CDT 2024