Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i (Oracle 10g D2K 6i)
How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630928] Tue, 06 January 2015 06:12 Go to next message
jgjeetu

I have written a code on Button to browse the file i.e

--when_buton_pressed

declare
filename varchar2(1000);
begin 
filename := GET_FILE_NAME(File_Filter=> 'All Files,(*.*)');
:B1.SOURCE_PATH:=FILENAME;
end; 

when i press the button it displays me all file in current directory. for example
i am browsing a file in "TEMP" Folder and there are 100 files and out of 100 there is one file named orafaq.txt . it shows me all 100 files when i press Browse Button.

Now i am adding one text item and i will input a file name as parameter value.
My requirement is that it should show only that file which i have used in text item.

for ex:- value in text item= orafaq.txt
then it should display only orafaq.txt file when i press browse button.

Is it possible to achieve this target , if yes then plese tell me how.
I have attached sample .fmb file.
Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630934 is a reply to message #630928] Tue, 06 January 2015 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Would substituting "(*.*)" with "(orafaq.txt)" do any good?
Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630935 is a reply to message #630934] Tue, 06 January 2015 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

@LF I didn't get you , anyways substituting "(*.*)" with "(orafaq.txt) is not working.
Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630950 is a reply to message #630935] Tue, 06 January 2015 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
filename := GET_FILE_NAME(File_Filter=> 'All Files,(*.*)');

This line of code instructs the "Open File" dialog how to filter files. You can only filter by filters supported by FILE_FILTER parameter. Since you already know the name of the file, use the FILE_NAME parameter instead of the FILE_FILTER parameter. Eg:
filename := GET_FILE_NAME(File_Name=>'orafaq.txt');

Craig...
Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630958 is a reply to message #630950] Tue, 06 January 2015 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

@craig the solution you provided , only inputs file name in "File Name" field in "Open" Window, meanwhile while browsing file if i click on some other file or folder , it takes name of that file in "File Name" field. It doesn't hide other files.
so my requirement is still not fulfilled.
i have attached updated sample file. please check.
Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630970 is a reply to message #630958] Wed, 07 January 2015 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
If it's a standard windows file browser then I very much doubt you can do what you want.
But if you're only interested in a single file that you know the name of why are you using GET_FILE_NAME at all?
Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630986 is a reply to message #630970] Wed, 07 January 2015 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

i m not interested in a single file , there is a text item in which user inputs /selects file name, n that file name should be used as a parameter to display only that file while browing.
anyways i have found a solution on a trigger i have assigned value for source file:= 'C:\Folder-name\'||:block.text_item||'.file-extension' , and i have displayed hint at the bottom that "Kindly place all files in C:\Folder-name\.

Now user have no need to browse the file. file will be picked automatically.

anyways thanks all for your valuable feedbacks & suggestions. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 07 January 2015 07:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i [message #630991 is a reply to message #630986] Wed, 07 January 2015 07:32 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
That was my point really. If you know the file name it's pointless to look it up, just assign it directly where you need it.
Previous Topic: Invoke Forms Builder (Version 9.0.4.0.19) on the (Solaris-8) command using Reflection X-Windows
Next Topic: How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:57:15 CDT 2024