Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM email recipient per rule (OEM 11g )
OEM email recipient per rule [message #629406] Mon, 08 December 2014 11:34 Go to next message
pazbarkai
Hi all,
I am trying to define 2 notification rules in OEM (for user defined metrics) and for each I would like to define a different email recipient.
Does anyone have an idea on how to do that?
Thanks
Pazit
Re: OEM email recipient per rule [message #629413 is a reply to message #629406] Mon, 08 December 2014 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and please read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

Are you following this doc -
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11857_01/em.111/e16790/notification.htm

Which part is not clear?
Re: OEM email recipient per rule [message #629432 is a reply to message #629413] Tue, 09 December 2014 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pazbarkai
Thank you John.
Yes, I read this doc and didn't find what I was looking for. I created several User Defined metrics and a notification rule for them named 'Axxana Protection'. I want all the alerts related to the out-of-box notification rule to be sent only to me, but the Alerts related to the 'Axxana Protection' rule should be sent to someone else as well.
Using one OEM user, I didn't find a way to match only one notification rule to a specific email in the E-mail Addresses list. I gave another user the required permission to login to OEM and tried to specify the email and rule using that User. But although the alerts were fired, the emails weren't sent. Is there another way? What am I missing?

Thanks again
Pazit
Re: OEM email recipient per rule [message #629452 is a reply to message #629432] Tue, 09 December 2014 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I don't have Grid Control anymore, but if I remember correctly this should be straightforward. You define the outgoing mail server details and create the notification rules. Then your users each define their own email adress(es) and notification schedule, and subscribe to the rules.
Two responsibilities: first you, then the users.
Re: OEM email recipient per rule [message #629509 is a reply to message #629452] Wed, 10 December 2014 02:43 Go to previous message
pazbarkai
I tried just that, but it keeps sending the emails to only one recipient.
Thanks anyways, I think I'll open a ticket.
Regards
Pazit Barkai
Previous Topic: Unable to login as SYSMAN OEM 12.1.0.4. Error Authenticaion Failed
Next Topic: Unable to connect in OEM to 11g database instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:14:52 CDT 2024