Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calculated Field changes value when Scrolling a record set.
Calculated Field changes value when Scrolling a record set. [message #629262] Fri, 05 December 2014 02:49 Go to next message
Asfakul
HI all,
First of all thanks to all for lending valuable help in the past.

I have a strange problem which I am not able to figure out why this is happening.

The scenario is like this.

I have a block based on a FROM clause query. In that block there are couple of NON DATA base block which are being populated during run time based on the value of Database based fields . i Have attached a picture of the same.

Now Final Total Cost and Final Total Retail works fine when they are less than 7 rows of records(Which is the max number of record shown at a time, you have to scroll to reach records beyond that). I can move the cursor freely with 7 records. Final Total Cost remains same. but when there are 10 records and I scroll to reach say 8/9/10th record Final Total Cost becomes 0. Can someone please tell me which trigger is getting fired when I scroll out of 7 records? What are the possible trigger types that fires when I scroll out of max number of record displayed.
/forum/fa/12351/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 10.37KB, Downloaded 1333 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 05 December 2014 02:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Calculated Field changes value when Scrolling a record set. [message #629286 is a reply to message #629262] Fri, 05 December 2014 09:27 Go to previous message
CraigB
Asfakul wrote on Fri, 05 December 2014 01:49

Can someone please tell me which trigger is getting fired when I scroll out of 7 records?

Not without seeing how your calculated field is set up as well as the code you use to populate the NON DATA base block.
Asfakul wrote on Fri, 05 December 2014 01:49

What are the possible trigger types that fires when I scroll out of max number of record displayed.

There are several: When-New-Record-Instance, Post-Query, When-Validate-Record, When-New-Item-Instance...and the list goes on and on.

We really need for you to describe in much greater detail how your block and items are configured and the calculation you are using for your Calculated Field. Without this information, there is no way for us to know what is happening in your form.

Something to remember...just because you have set the Block Property Number of Records Displayed to a specific number, it doesn't meant that this is the only number of records Forms will fetch. This only means that is the number of physical objects created on the screen which records can be displayed in. During runtime, Forms will display those initial records, but if more exist it will scroll to the additional records. As Forms fetches the additional records, all of the appropriate triggers will fire in response to fetching the additional records, such as those I listed above.

Craig...
Previous Topic: How to remove the field value of a list element.
Next Topic: Forms works differently when calling Database package from oracle forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:10:56 CDT 2024