Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number
ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number [message #628439] Tue, 25 November 2014 04:51 Go to next message
mm_kanish05

Dear Experts,

I am working form 11g - 11.1.2.2.0 and windows 64 bit.

I have form which having master - child - grandchild and all are properly having relation.

I am creating record in master (single record block) and subsequently I am creating the 3 child records (multi-record block) without entering grand child and i have created grand child for the last child record. once i complete the grandchild entry and when i am moving cursor to immediate master to this child I am getting the following.

ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

Kindly guide me in this regards,

Thanks in advance

Kanish
Re: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number [message #628440 is a reply to message #628439] Tue, 25 November 2014 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Run the form in debug mode and see what's going on.
Re: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number [message #628473 is a reply to message #628440] Tue, 25 November 2014 09:25 Go to previous message
CraigB
Quote:
once i complete the grandchild entry and when i am moving cursor to immediate master to this child I am getting the following.

Sounds like you might have a When-Validate-Item (WVI) or When-Validate-Record (WVR) trigger that is referencing an invalid variable. Are you using Global Variables? If yes - double-check to make sure the variable is spelled correctly. This is the inherent problem with using globals - they only generate RUNTIME errors versus COMPILE TIME errors. Sad

If you don't have a WVI or WVR trigger, then Littlefoot's suggestion of running your form is Debug Mode is a very good way to find out what's going on. If you are able to run your form from the Forms Builder, you could also turn on Debug Messages (Edit -> Preferences -> Runtime tab -> Debug Messages) to see which trigger is generating the error. If you use this option, make sure you turn it off afterwards because it can be very annoying since it displays an alert with the execution of each and every trigger.

Craig...
Previous Topic: FRM-40401 No changes to save error
Next Topic: hide value from list of value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:31:37 CDT 2024