Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Client Side Open a document type in Form Builder 10g
Client Side Open a document type in Form Builder 10g [message #627965] Tue, 18 November 2014 05:41 Go to next message
PraveenaKarri
Hi
I would like to open a word document through menus from oracle forms builder 10g.I had written a button pressed trigger as :

declare
AppID PLS_INTEGER;

begin

AppID := DDE.App_Begin('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.exe D:\Oracle\Middleware\as_1\forms\kcpapps\FADOC_Final.DOC',DDE.APP_MODE_NORMAL);

end;

In the above code it gives o/p in serverside but not client side.can u please provide me solution what i need to add in detailed way inorder to produce a client side document.
please help me out from this prblm.Looking forward for your solution.

Re: Client Side Open a document type in Form Builder 10g [message #628058 is a reply to message #627965] Wed, 19 November 2014 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Remember, Oracle Forms 10g is web based. This means the Form actually runs on the Application Server and is presented on the Client using the Java Applet. Using the DDE built-ins will run on the Application Server not the client. To do what you want on the Client, you will need to configure and use WebUtil or you will have to use a 3rd party Java Bean. WebUtil is the preferred method because it is supplied by and supported by Oracle. Take a look at the following Forms Help topics for information about WebUtil and how to configure it.

Introduction to WebUtil
    Using WebUtil in Your Applications
    WebUtil User's Guide
    Configuring WebUtil
    Runtime Setup Checklist
The last two articles relate to configuration. The checklist is a great way to ensure you have completed each step correctly.

Hope this helps,
Craig...
Re: Client Side Open a document type in Form Builder 10g [message #628134 is a reply to message #628058] Thu, 20 November 2014 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PraveenaKarri
I got O/p by using client host command.

client_host('cmd /C start "cmd.." "winword.exe" Test.doc');

I have requriement that i need to get document file while Pressing in menu through form.I am using formbuilder 10g.The above code i have written in a form placing a button.In menus we are not suppose to use the webutil As the Webutil library can be loaded in forms only.so can u please suggest any another way of getting document by simply pressing in menu.Looking fwd for your solution.
Re: Client Side Open a document type in Form Builder 10g [message #628148 is a reply to message #628134] Thu, 20 November 2014 08:17 Go to previous message
CraigB
Quote:
I got O/p by using client host command.

Client_Host is a WebUtil procedure. The OP still must configure WebUtil in order to use CLIENT_HOST.

Craig...
Previous Topic: Want to save create and last updated date and time in a table
Next Topic: Display customer Bill_To_Address fonts in red colour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:09:28 CDT 2024