Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forrm Builder Font
Forrm Builder Font [message #627647] Thu, 13 November 2014 10:45 Go to next message
Dave L.
Form Builder: 10.1.2 Running in a Sun Unix environment.

I have a number of changes I was asked to do on some forms that I did not develop. On one of them when I choose the main CANVAS0 the form is displayed with all fields and their labels having a VERY large font. When I happen to choose items to edit on the canvas it will many times jump to the left for some reason and many time overwriting something else and I am unable to move fields around etc.

None of the other very similar forms have this issue. The running form itself does not have this issue, but I have not recompiled and replaced it with anything I am now seeing.

If one wants to change the FONT on an entire CANVAS how does one do it...or does anyone know why this is acting the way it is.

Thanks.

Re: Forrm Builder Font [message #627653 is a reply to message #627647] Thu, 13 November 2014 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
You know, this sounds familiar. I think I have seen this before. I once tried developer for unix or linux, but I am using Windows now for development.

What if you selected all items (inclusing labels), either by mouse drag, or going into object navigator (so you can pick which objects you want), and then on the canvas, change the font?

I think maybe the font selected was picked at one time in Windows and unix does not have an exact font match so it does a best guess.
Re: Forrm Builder Font [message #627658 is a reply to message #627653] Thu, 13 November 2014 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave L.
Thank you for the response. However, I have already done, what to me also seemed like the logical first step, of doing an "Edit/Select All" followed by going into Layout/Font.

This seemingly changes the font of the field values without changing the entry area and the column labels go unchanged. (Thus, a small variable name shows in a big box). And again when I select almost any field on the canvas it repositions itself on the canvas.

Re: Forrm Builder Font [message #627695 is a reply to message #627658] Fri, 14 November 2014 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave L.
Just to update...
I discovered that if I used the zoom tool on all the other canvases leading up to CANVAS0 being last it reduced things...I actually had tried that on CANVAS0 first with no response so I had not thought of trying the other canvases. They are stacked so it makes some sense...I guess.
Re: Forrm Builder Font [message #627696 is a reply to message #627695] Fri, 14 November 2014 15:43 Go to previous message
joy_division
Thanks for the update. I always had issues with Developer in *nix environments. I tried it to see if it would be faster than windows, but the rendering never worked correctly.
Previous Topic: FRM-41211: integration error SSL failure running another product
Next Topic: Oracle forms Check box Manipulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:39:39 CDT 2024