Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais
icon1.gif  When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais [message #626971] Thu, 06 November 2014 00:41 Go to next message
tara_260985
When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger raised error unhandled exception, ORA-03114.
Below is the code running -

PROCEDURE P_FORM_STARTUP IS

L_wh wh.wh%TYPE := NULL;

cursor C_RECORD_EXISTS is
select wh
from wh_attributes
where wh = :PARAMETER.PM_wh;

BEGIN
P_INITIALIZE;
:system.message_level := F_message_level;
P_populate_list('B_wh_attributes.time_zone','TZON' );

--- The following line is used to make canvas wider, so it cannot be deleted
--- because it can be used in future.
--- Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW, WINDOW_STATE, MAXIMIZE);

:B_header.TI_wh := :PARAMETER.PM_wh;
:B_header.TI_wh_name := :PARAMETER.PM_wh_name;

open C_RECORD_EXISTS;
fetch C_RECORD_EXISTS into L_wh;
if C_RECORD_EXISTS%NOTFOUND then
:B_wh_attributes.wh := :PARAMETER.PM_wh;
else
Go_Block('B_wh_attributes');
Clear_Block(No_Validate);
Execute_Query;
end if;
close C_RECORD_EXISTS;

if :PARAMETER.PM_mode = 'VIEW' then
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_wh_attributes.total_square_ft' );
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_wh_attributes.no_loading_docks ');
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_wh_attributes.no_unloading_doc ks');
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_wh_attributes.ups_district');
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_wh_attributes.aap_replen_as_st ore');
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_wh_attributes.time_zone');
RWIDGET.TURN_OFF('B_action.pb_cancel');
Go_Item('B_action.PB_ok');
else
Go_Item('B_wh_attributes.total_square_ft');
end if;

EXCEPTION
when FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE then
raise;
when OTHERS then
emessage(SQLERRM);
raise FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;

END;
Re: URGENT: 'FRM-40505: unable to perform query error [message #626973 is a reply to message #626971] Thu, 06 November 2014 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tara_260985
Kindly assist on urgent basis !!!!
Re: When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais [message #626982 is a reply to message #626971] Thu, 06 November 2014 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You need to use messages to work out which exact line of code is causing the error - or run the form in debug mode to find out.
Re: When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais [message #626986 is a reply to message #626982] Thu, 06 November 2014 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Your problem may be urgent but we've all got day jobs other than answering questions on this site so you can't expect us to deal with things urgently.
Also you've already posted this as a seperate topic, reposting the same details on another thread isn't going to make us more likely to help.
I've moved your messages so they're all in the same thread.
Re: When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais [message #627721 is a reply to message #626986] Sat, 15 November 2014 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tara_260985
thank you for your help..
I am new to this forum so didnt have much knowledge.
Re: When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais [message #627724 is a reply to message #627721] Sat, 15 November 2014 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king

ORA-03114 not connected to ORACLE

The "ORA-03114: Not Connected to Oracle" error is commonly found when there is a problem with the network connectivity. The docs note:

Cause: A call to Oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this happens because a user-written program has not logged on. It may also happen if communication trouble causes a disconnection.

Action: Try again. If the message recurs and the program is user written, check the program.

Common causes for the ORA-03114 error include:

Webserver or listener process is not running

Missing entry to the tnsnames.ora

Network issues

Problems with connection pooling (shared servers, MTS)

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_03114.htm

http://ora-03114.ora-code.com/all.html

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/3032
Re: When I try to run a form I am getting the below error, FRM: 40735 When window activated trigger rais [message #627886 is a reply to message #627724] Mon, 17 November 2014 16:33 Go to previous message
CraigB
I suggest you do as cookiemonster first suggested. Put Message() calls in your code so you can pinpoint where in your code the error occurs. You can either call Message() twice - which puts a new message on the stack and promotes the first one to an Alert or you can use MESSAGE(); and PAUSE; If you use the Message/Pause your debugging message will display in the Status Bar. Here is an example of what I'm talking about...
PROCEDURE P_FORM_STARTUP IS 
  L_wh wh.wh%TYPE := NULL; 

cursor C_RECORD_EXISTS is 
    select wh 
      from wh_attributes 
     where wh = :PARAMETER.PM_wh; 
BEGIN 
  Clear_Message;
  Message('Calling P_INITIALIZE');
  Message(' '); -- This will promote "Calling P_INITIALIZE" to the default Alert
  P_INITIALIZE; 

Clear_Message;
  Message('Setting System.Message_Level'); 
  Pause; -- This will "Pause" execution by displaying a blank Alert with a OK 
         -- button so you can see the message in the Status Bar
  :system.message_level := F_message_level; 

...Rest of your code here...

The less tedious method would be to learn how to use the Forms Debugger. Then you can watch each line of code execute so you don't have to use all of the debug messages in your code and you don't have to worry about accidently leaving one in when your form gets deployed to your production environment.

Craig...

Previous Topic: Color property to a particular record
Next Topic: Asking on execute query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:28:42 CDT 2024